SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:38:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Stoner Theatres 2 Go  (Read 18718 times)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 12:42:55 pm »

Off to Buffalo, see ya soon Dave

Notice the Restored WD-5 Coke Cooler on the back. A man that wants it all, gotta love it...Smiley

Memory Lane Restorations
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »

And Brian...Sorry
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 12:54:40 pm »

Hey Roadman, if you wait until tomorrow, you can always say you had a couple Stoners delivered on 4/20... down Couldn't resist!

Those look amazing!  That woodgrain really looks great Curtis, unbelievable that you can do that with paint.

<GROAN>
 Oo

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

Great job Curtis, you'll love the wings in Buffalo either from Duff's or Anchor bar, both great places
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »

Duff's and Anchor Bar are excellent  You must have spent some time 'ol Buffalo.  We are going to Grover's which is right around the corner from where me and BC live...check out the mouthwatering selections on this short video, they were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHmwDMKpeq0

Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 05:45:46 pm »

My wife graduated from Daemen college, I lived up there for a few yrs after I graduated from college also, great time up there
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »

My first Stoner.  I picked it up in December. If I knew it was so rare I would feel guilty about what I paid!! It was in the State Theater in Portland, Maine until it was saved from the scrap bin by the former owner about 15 years ago.

Tim
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »

Nice Stoner MaineT.

Any plans to restore it?

I love these machines. Found this site and got interested in collecting soda machines and what do I do? I buy a stoner as my first restore Still have yet to buy the second machine...but that will happen in time. Gotta get this one done first.

Nonetheless, a rare find....good job!!

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »

The story on my early version Stoner is that it came out of one of the grand theaters in downtown Detroit.  While the sellers did not know which one as there were many back in the day, I like to think it was the Fox Theater that opened in 1928--the grandest of all of the original Fox Theaters and the first theater with built in speakers for those new-fangled sound films.  Curtis' restored early model would look right at home at the Fox!  If you ever get to Detroit, take the tour of this theater.  I could walk around looking at all of the architectural features of the lobby and theater for hours.  They just don't build things like this anymore and I am very grateful that Mike and Marian Ilitch (founder's of Little Ceasars and owner of the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings) saved this jewel of Detroit's glory years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Theatre_(Detroit)

The sister of the guy I bought it from purchased it at an estate sale in Indian Village, an upscale neighborhood in downtown Detroit with many beautiful mansions that once housed the barrons of the Motor City.

http://www.historicindianvillage.org/homeandgardentour.html

She kept in for many years with the intention of restoring it but that never happened.  It ended up in her brother's pole barn after she passed away and stayed there until I purchased it in October 2009.  Really a unique machine.  The picture below is of a note that was inside the machine--Of course this was intended for me!  biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »

My first Stoner.  I picked it up in December. If I knew it was so rare I would feel guilty about what I paid!! It was in the State Theater in Portland, Maine until it was saved from the scrap bin by the former owner about 15 years ago.

Maine T,

Very cool machine.  Can you post a close up picture of the candy display window and the pulls.  Just want to see if they look like mine.

THANKS!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: