SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 09:05:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT DEAL FOR SOMEONE!!! MACHINES  (Read 7628 times)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« on: September 18, 2008, 03:02:36 pm »

This is a great deal for someone, A friend of mine has a garage full of machines, 12 in all He wants $1000.00 for all and you pick them up. some are parts machines but there are alot that are good machines. Email me at memorylane@myactv.net for alot more photos. Call him if anyone is interested, he just wants them out of his garage 1-717-658-5547 ask for Pooch. He is 30min. from Carlisle, PA. and 45Min. from Hershey. Anyone going to either show, would be very close. There are also several box's of shelves and faces. Thanks Curtis Memorylane Restorations 301-991-3532
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:53 pm »

More
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:10:17 pm »

More
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:11:31 pm »

More
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:14:48 am »

Last chance on these machines, they are going to the SCRAP YARD next week. Someone could get everything Huh? $700.00 Huh? any takers, call him. He's close to Hershey PA, 30 min.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:35:45 am »

That doesn't make a lot of sense taking it to the scrap yard unless he gets $700. I have scraped several empty shells of machines and gotten between $10 and $15 for the metal. They also require that the cooling system be removed. Why doesn't he sell them on ebay. Even in a package deal on ebay they will sell for more than he will get in scrap. Why wouldn't he or even you take them and sell them for parts. You would get 10 X the value for them in parts. I just can't understand why he would take these to the scrap yard and destroy good machines unless he gets such a large amount of money for them. They obviously are not high value machines but still are not worth destroying.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:08 pm »

Agree with Josh...

My six cents,

Jim

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 06:20:21 pm »

A common practice around here is classic scrap yards for cars run ads in the papers 100+ cars from estate all to be sold by such and such date or they will be crushed. You call they want $1500+ each for the cars and on such and such date you drive by and guess what the cars are still there, and no crusher! Im not saying this is whats going on here, But why would you want $1,000.00 for machines and say they are going to scrap if they dont sell. I just junked 7 machines today, two of them very large squaretops. I walked out of there with $72.00.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:26 pm »

Wish I could help, but it would probably cost me several thousand in freight and duty to have them shipped to canada.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:25 pm »

Its ok to scrap junk machines but most of those machines have a lot of usable parts. I see a square top 81 with a good RT bottle door, a 117 with a ton of V56 shelves, and so on. There is a lot of money in parts there. Why scrap good machines.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 10:18:50 pm »

I have to agree with Every one on this, it does not make any sense,
break them down for parts and sell them off then take the carcass off to
the scrap yard .
 Now I know I would buy some parts   but I don't need a whole machine
so Curtis why don't you let him know this would be a option for himand maybe
he could make a little more money  Cool.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 06:49:36 am »

He's a hard head, wants them out of the garage and he's never used E-bay and I'm so backed up that I don't want to get in the middle. If I was to buy them and make a dime, he would never work for me again. He's my custom painter and letters all my machines. I sold him the machines 10 years ago and all I hear is I sold him junk, everytime I go over there. He got thost machines and a ton more stuff. Sold off the easy stuff, made his thousand bucks back and never touched these machines. But I have to hear they are junk, every day I see him, for the last ten years. I don't want any part. The tall 14 selection Vendo is a great machine, that alone is worth $350.00 I love that machine.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:01:19 am »

What's the small coke machine with the woodgrain ? Is that a Cav ?

I'm looking for late model CSS-64 shelves, so if there's anything in that lot that would fit I'd be interested. Speaking of - can you put a USS bottle stack into a CSS shell ? (I like my CSS, but I'd like it even more if it was a USS)

Chris
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 07:23:34 am »

Thats a Vendo 56 with a can stack and you can swap out a Vendo bottle stack for the can stack. Only a uss-64 unit will work in a uss-64. The machine is wider than a standard 64. I might offer him something for all but I will here about it till the end of time. Not sure it's worth it.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 09:22:14 am »

Well, if it wasn't for the fact that there was a few thousand miles of sea between me and him I'd have them... Oh, I'd have to heavily sedate Mrs B for a good couple of years too....

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 09:50:32 am »

I'd think you'd be doing him a favor buy buying them back from him? and if he still gives you trouble , split the profits with him on the parts sale... yeah know it's more work for you ? but maybe worth your time? and helping him out?

I'd take the bottle stack for the 81.. I need it for my Barqs 81 square top. and shelves too.

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: