SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:00:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner Jr. with Gum/Mint Wheel--Fresh Candy Anyone--Or even Gum?  (Read 7658 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: August 28, 2008, 10:42:52 am »

Yesterday, I had to violate my one machine per month rule when I ran across a Stoner Jr. with gum/mint wheel on the Detroit Craigslist.  I was kind of surprised oops when I saw the picture because I did not know that the Junior was available with the gum/mint wheel.  Stopped to see it and it was in good shape with a decent dark gray hammertone paint job.  The seller wanted $500, I offerred $450 and she accepted.  How did I do price wise hopefull  as I have no idea what these are worth, I just wanted the machine?!?!?!

She has owned the machine for 20 years--she and a friend found it in somebody's trash--thank God they saved this beauty.  She had it repainted by a friend at a bump shop and it is in ready to use condition.  Complete machine with working coin mech.  Just needs a few minor things:

1. New locks
2. New glass and decal for the candy display area.
3. Cleaning and adjusting of the works--one of the pulls is stuck in the out position.
4. Mirror needs to be re-done or replaced.
5. The  knob on one of the pulls needs to be replaced--may just replace them all.

Not as fancy as one of Curtis' machines but a clean usable machine with a finish that coincidentally matches the furniture in my TV room!  drinking

On to the pictures.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:51:52 am »

I would like to buy that machine from you, for sale? Call me if you are thinking about it, I have a customer for that machine. Good machine, hard to find. I think I might be able to go $1000.00 I would just need to check. Thanks, Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations. 301-991-3532
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:29:49 am »

Pretty cool,
I've never seen a stoner jr w/gum vendor.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:35:07 pm »

Excellent buy Tim! I've only seen one other Jr. w/ gum and it was in worse shape and sold for more than $500 I believe.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »

Great looking machine, Tim!  I haven't seen one like that before.  I'm definitely going to have to get me a Stoner Jr. machine...just have to talk the wife into it.  She thinks it will make her eat more candy...I told her not if I take all the nickels out of the house and keep the machine locked with the only key on me!   tounge  Why can't I stumble on something like that down the street?  Oh, yea, I live on the border at the edge of the earth!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:57:59 am »

WOW< Great find... I would have been all over that as well. Great Score... Not only with the Embossed Fresh Candy, but Gum wheel to boot! Very cool...

Congrats

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:04:42 pm »

Did you get the other one you were going to look at? I'm still interested in the Jr with Gum, I'm still good with a grand if it's complete. Let me know. Thanks, Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:43:15 pm »

Now iam confused.....Can anyone tell me how many pulls are on a Junior with the gum wheel. I think i know were some are but i don't know if they are a senior model. If it looks like the one in this post  then there are 2 in this building i visited last week.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 11:33:45 pm »

From what I know, the Juniors all have 6 pulls, with or without gum wheels. as the pull under the gum wheel is still necessary once the gum is selected I believe.
This is just from what I've heard, never owned a jr with gum wheel, but have owned the 180's which have the 8 pulls and that is how the gum wheel works on that one.

clear as mud right??? biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 12:21:02 pm »

The selection window will have 5 openings and a gum selector, 6 pull knobs, 5 for the candy selection and 1 for the gum select.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »

SWEET Find! That is a keeper! You got the rare junior... Would love to find one
with or with out the gum wheel..... Someday down

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:32 am »

Great find.