SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 12:25:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished my United bowling machine  (Read 9708 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: August 14, 2008, 12:58:46 pm »

Well, I finished my United ball bowler.  Too bad it has to go.  Off to Ebay land.  Hopefully, this can pay some debts. hopefull

I already have one in my basement that works great.  I was debating about putting a second one down there to make an actual bowling alley, but the wife vetoed that idea.  In reality, the basement is too small. darn

Anyway, here it is.   biggrin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190244314562&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009

A lot of stuff.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:06:18 pm »

Larry it looks real cool, to bad the wife used the power of veto on you .   I wish you luck on selling it on ebay smile
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:11:14 pm »

Larry,
Would you like a Check or cash when I pick it up.. TOO cool... what kind of $$ are we expecting for something like this? feel free to share or if you could email or call me..
I wanna run it by the little Ms's.... I think she'd think it's cool, but space might be an issue!
looks awesome.. love the videos too.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 03:55:15 pm »

Thanks for the inputs.  I thought most people would stop reading my one million words or less essay on everything you need to know about this bowling machine, but were afraid to ask.  So I figured I'd join the modern age and show a clip or two on my main emphasiss.

The video was a trip, I had my twelve year old as the cameraman on the first one.  I wasn't sure how to load it, but after I did something, not sure what, it worked.  The YouTube part was easy, it was transfering it from the video to a file that throws me off.

My reserve is $1,600.  We'll see what happens.  It already reached over halve that in the first fifteen hours or so.  I figure it should stabalize for the next few days.  I would like to watch the last five minutes, but unfortunately I have the auction ending on Monday.  I was going to go seven days, but figured five was enough.  However, I forgot that it was Monday Night Raw.  I bought tickets for my kids for that Monday WWE wrestling match.  So me and the Misses are taking the boys to the Allstate Arena to see the show.

I just hope I don't get those last minute questions from a potential buyer.  Hey, there's one for your "don't you hate it when" post

Don't you hate it when you give someone seven days to ask a question about an item and in the last five minutes they want you to take more pictures and answer another question??  I was trying to think of one of those yesterday when I was reading all of yours.  Hah!  I got one. Cool Cool Cool tounge

A lot of stuff.
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 04:00:06 pm »

Larry,

What's your Soda-machines.com brother in law price?  That blows a pinball machine out of the water.

Marvin
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »

Whatever it ends up going on Ebay is the discount rate.  I don't believe in stopping an auction.  I hate when people do that to me.  So give it your best bid and hopefully you will win it.  You can't beat the free support. 

Tell you what, if you find one (preferably a United), I will personally talk you through a restoration (as long as the parts are all there).  You just have to have some electrical and mechanical knowledge.  Not much, just enough to become dangerous.   Plus, I will need a copy of the schematic.  Deal or no deal??  Where's Howie when you need him?

A lot of stuff.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 05:36:36 pm »

Niiiice game!
Too bad they are so darn big though.  Good luck with it.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:53 pm »

I wasn't meaning stop the auction...  What is your reserve?  I have no idea what something like this is even worth.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:24:57 pm »

Marvin,

It's met! jawdrop  $1,600.00.

A lot of stuff.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 11:34:32 pm »

WOW thats great Larry  I hope you hit $2000  for it   smile.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: