SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 07:16:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1940's Candy Vendor, never seen one of these before!!! Pretty cool.  (Read 8832 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: September 28, 2007, 11:25:11 pm »

I picked this up today from a guy in the Minneapolis area... Long story that I'll talk about later... but got this from him today,,, It's very cool art deco... the Tag says. U-Need-A Merchandiser, but it has CANDY embossed or Stamped into the metal body!... how Cool is this... I thought so so I grabed it ... Just like a Stoner kinda of ... similiar vending mech and it's just too cool.. Any info on it would be appreciated... as well as Value?  I know what I paid but want to here from Ya'll what you think before telling! It's complete and havent' got it to vend yet but doesn't look to hard ... one knob is missing so going to check in with you Curtis? what do you think???
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:26:05 pm »

Forgot to mention it 's short... about 3.5 feet tall, could be hung on wall or possible on a stand? pretty heavy too as it's got alot of cast iron on it.

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:47:54 am »

Thats a pretty cool machine..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:12:26 am »

Awesome looking candy machine! How did you find out about it?

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:16:32 am »

very nice score.... proably came both ways ... on a stand ot wall mount...
there was a little gum machine on ebay a while back with the same type knobs....
may have to make a mold and make one or scultped one....
very cool machine.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:00 am »

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool so had to buy it....

I got a call from a guy I met years ago, a well known restorer of Pop machines for several years and he asked me if I wanted to buy out his inventory... I went up to see what he had and while looking at his stuff he asked me if I liked candy machines and I was thinking Stoner first off, but then saw this... asked him how much , he shot off a price and figured I jsut had to have it... wan't cheap but thought it was worth it.  Anyone know what it might be worth? Just wondering what you would all pay for something like this and then I can decide if I made a good purchase or not?....

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:32:50 am »

Is it similar to this Huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-DECO-THEATRE-WALL-MOUNTED-CIGARETTE-VENDING-MACHINE_W0QQitemZ220155811589QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:29:00 am »

I wouldn't pay more that $50 for it.

cmc
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:01:10 am »

$50 bucks... I guess your not into the art deco look? Needless to say I paid more than $50 for it... and based on the selling price of the art deco cigarette vendor that Dave pointed out... I made a good buy.. at $300

I like this sort of thing so I'm gonna keep it.

Anyone ever heard of this manufacturer though? U-Need-A Merchandiser?

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 06:46:38 am »

Nope, never heard of that specific manufactuer. During the time period when this machine was built there were so many different companies all looking to get into the rapidly expanding vending business.

I would keep an eye on Ebay for more info. I've bought things with no documentation or real history only to find tons of info or the "missing link" later on Ebay.

Brian
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: