SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 09:29:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pam Clock - RC Cola  (Read 19747 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 08:06:26 pm »

Thanks guys.. the bulb socket on this clock is for a standard bulb, not the small nite lite bulbs.. I'll try to find the smallest wattage and install that. i used Mr. Clean wipes on the clock face and it looks ok. Then I used glass cleaner, and it looked better. I would much rather clean it with the hands off. I'll give it a shot in a few days.. Got other things to do before this one.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 08:37:08 pm »

I buy standard base 7.5 watt bulbs at Lowes.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 08:38:53 pm »

Then I guess its off to Lowes... thanks biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 03:50:24 pm »

help I pulled the second hand off, and the shaft came out with it. It wasn't all that difficult, so I took it apart the rest of the way, cleaned everything, now I can't get the shaft back into the motor. How do I get this shaft back into the motor? I tried pursuading it, and it was fighting me, so I stopped.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 06:52:55 pm »

Bubba, that is strange.  When you took the second hand off you unscrewed the small round tap and the shaft came off at the same time.  Is the shaft threaded on both ends.  Usually the second hand shaft on these is seperate from the minute and hour hand.  It should not come out like that if it is not threaded I would say the shaft has seperated and you may have to order a new motor for it.  There is a guy in Ohio,  I will see if I can find the info that you can get motors from...

I have taken a lot of Pam clocks apart and cleaned them for myself and friends and I have never had that happen. 

aspbear
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 10:57:44 pm »

My second hand was pressed onto the shaft. Kinda like one of those speed nuts you hammer onto a big wheel or other wheeled kids toy. I tried to pry the hand off, and the whole shaft came out. The minute and hour hands were held on with a nut that I was able to thread out and remove the hands. I removed the glass, cleaned the inside, back of the glass, and re-assembled the hour and minute hands without trouble. Now I have this second hand I can't put back in. I'll try to take some pics of this thing tomorrow. When disassembling it, I even tried putting a pair of pliers on the shaft to give me a way to pry the second hand off.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 02:54:28 pm »

Hi,Bubba
               Nice Clock First time I ever heard a shaft coming out on the second hand .Anyway Aspbear is correct theres a guy here in Ohio that has the Motor & New handa if needed .Type in Waynes Neon Clocks .Iv been to his place He must owen at least 500 Oringinal Neon & Light up Clock's .Now he dose Reproduce them also But I'v Seen the oringinals .
                                                       Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 07:48:23 pm »

Thanks Leonard.. I'll look him up. I'll try to get a picture of what I have. Its my luck that I get a good score and end up screwing it up.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 08:19:55 pm »

Even if you have to get a new motor,  you still got a very nice clock.  I gurantee you are not the first to mess up something by just trying to clean it up. 

aspbear
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 08:40:31 pm »

Thanks for the info aspbear. I'm going to give them a call and see if it can be salvaged. The new motor they sell is going for $40.. Its a bit out of reach for me right now..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: