SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 09:04:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pam Clock - RC Cola  (Read 19746 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 28, 2007, 07:03:09 pm »

Well, I swindled my first Pam clock.. Its a newer RC cola clock, but its in great shape with the exception of the trim ring around the glass... some rust forming.. I'll have to sand it down and repaint it. Otherwise, its a beauty..

A few Questions..

What kind of paint is used around the frame?

How do I remove the hands? I want to clean the back of the clock face as its dirty as heck. I didn't pry too hard on the seconds hand, but I imagine there is a trick to it?

What light bulbs go in it? The bulbs in it are 50w short bulbs.. and there were 2.. 100watts for this clock? The label on the back says 62watts.

The story... I've been working in a customers factory training them on a new machine... The first day in there, I got friendly with the plant manager... I saw the clock sitting in their shipping room.. I started talking to him about it, telling him how it would look good next to my machines... Not sounding too anxious though. The next trip down there, I started joking about the clock telling him I'm gonna take it. The 3rd trip, he said I could have it if I got him a replacement clock. That was all I needed to hear. My wife was going to Wally World, and I told her to pick up the biggest clock she could find.. My 4th trip down, I came home with this...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:48:26 pm »

What light bulbs go in it? The bulbs in it are 50w short bulbs.. and there were 2.. 100watts

[/quote]

Nice clock!. But no matter how bright the sponsors of this product were allowed when it was new, it may be wiser to use much dimmer bulbs for home use.  Imagine turning all the house lights out for the night, and two 60 watt bulbs were still on, showing only the time ?  glare

Glen
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:22:55 am »

Exactly... The power company already sends me a xmas card thanking me for supporting them so well. I don't know if I will even keep it lit, but I'd like to have it there. I may even try to  put the lights on a separate switch. I just need to get the hands off to take it apart.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:33:45 am »

That's a great story! Being persistant pays off.

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:06:33 am »

I only have one clock and it has very low wattage bulbs... If they are too high they will melt the decal. I also have it on a switch so it can be turned on and off. The hands just unscrewed...

Dave
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 11:26:49 am »

Thanks Dave. I figured it was supposed to be a low watt bulb. Probably a 25w... The hour and minute hands are held on with a nut. The seconds hand is pressed onto the shaft. I can't imagine a puller for it, but I don't want to pry against the other hands as well.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 03:12:48 pm »

Ken

I would go even lower than 25 watts...

I'm sure mine are 12 or 15... Particularily if you are using it lighted all the time.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 03:29:02 pm »

The Nut holds on the larger hands and just a little persistance and pulling the second hand will come off.. fingers may work or may take a pliers to lift off... shouldn't be too hard, unless someone glued it on?
The paint on the frame, is the the gold fleck style? I've used hammetone gold on those before and looked pretty good.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 05:40:27 pm »

Too high and the paint "cracks". Mine recommends pretty low watt bulbs. I have two 7.5 in it.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 07:01:45 pm »

7.5 watt  is what I use also.  That top little round tap on the top of second hand will release the second hand the others are just slotted with the second hand applying the pressure needed to hold them in place.  Be careful they are very easy to bend.  Also no stong cleaners on the face just warm water.  As for the rim I would just take some triple OOO steel wool and shine it up.  Nice looking clock hope you enjoy it...

aspbear
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: