SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 02:03:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Present ! ! !  (Read 9505 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 09:06:48 am »

I love these machines. Saw one in the flesh once and fell in love with it.
Are they very heavy?Huh?

Dave
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:00 pm »

It's still available...what is a fair pride to pay?  Do you have any literature on these units?
I'm not an expert in anyway on these machines but do know I missed one on ebay last year that sold for just over $400; I paid $400 for mine (photo below) but favor the all red or all white paint style and machines that appear to be unaltered... Meaning a machine that has all 5 cent decals or all 10 cent decals; not a 10 c machine that has 5 cent decals too... The one Jared posted probably has 5 cent decals on the sides but has 10 cent on the front which leads me to think the machine has been converted/updated from 5 cents...
The only documentation I have is a hard-cover book titled, "Back Home Where We Belong". It has a small chapter on vending machines.

And Dave,
I think these Juniors weigh around 80lbs - 100lbs...

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

Very cool!!!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »

picked up a junior a while ago, but then also picked up a vintage poster which is pretty cool.  Does anyone know the type of snacks to put in these machines?  I can't find any vintage pictures of what use to go in these machines.   I have tried the six and four pack crackers in the narrow slots, but after you stack a few they just fall on top of each other.  Maybe these originally came in some sort of small boxes or I am just missing something?
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 09:23:37 am »

picked up a junior a while ago, but then also picked up a vintage poster which is pretty cool.  Does anyone know the type of snacks to put in these machines?  I can't find any vintage pictures of what use to go in these machines.   I have tried the six and four pack crackers in the narrow slots, but after you stack a few they just fall on top of each other.  Maybe these originally came in some sort of small boxes or I am just missing something?

I do remember getting them in a little box (open on the top) that was wrapped in cellophane way back when.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:33 am »

I have an old 5 cent lace cracker machine. It was made to take the four pk. of crackers. Only problem they used to be a cube pack four crackers right on top of each other. They quit making these around 1965.

Greg
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

That is interesting on how they use to pack them, but explains how they worked in these machines.  Anyone that has one of these machines now had any success loading them with anything?
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »

Yes they took square pack cookies which are not made any more. Here are some pics of machines I have in original paint.

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn
Glasscock Counter Top
Popcorn Sez
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:45 pm »

Seems to me like a tough buy unless something could be used to stock it.  A very neat piece though...if I found one for the right price I'm sure I would snatch it up...

Jared
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

Maybe we can get one to vend Twinkies?  hopefull

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: