SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:57:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WBT Pepsi Machine  (Read 9192 times)
berrmich

« on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:53 am »

Ok.  So that's a bit vague.  This will be my first machine.  I would like to restore it and put it in the game room of the new house I just bought.  I can do a little body work but probably wouldn't want to get much into welding new metal in.  So I'm looking for something that is in decent condition and near complete or complete.

I don't really want to spend 1500 and then mess up the restoration.  So I would like to start with something in the 3-5 hundred range.  After reading post here it seems like the 110 may fit the bill.  The 144sa looks cool too but I feel like I should see one in person to really get an idea of the size.  Smiley  Found someone about 3 hours away that had an unrestored for 2k!  Seems pricey from what I've seen.

My requirements:
1.  round top
2.  Can vend 12oz glass bottles
3.  Pepsi - cause I like the 12oz Mountain Dew in glass and it seems wrong to put these in a coke machine.  Smiley
4.  Multiselection

Since I'm not going to try to sell it, I don't mind a bigger machine.  It will not be too bad getting it to the game room.. big doors, ect.. (not in basement)

I live in SW michigan.  I can easily get to Detroit, Chicago, upper Michigan, and Indianapolis.

Also if anyone close (50 miles or so) has a 110, 144sa, or other machine you think may fit the bill... I would love to see yours so I can get an idea on size, ect.

Someone must have an unrestored 110 in their garage that they are sick of looking at!

-Mike
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:21 am »

Welcome Mike,
A slider is also an option I'd look at. You can get an Embossed  Pepsi one for 250 - $230, and may be easier to find  than a Pepsi 110.  It seems round top Pepsi machines are near impossible in Michigan

I'll keep my eyes open for you here in the SE end of Michigan, and don't be alarmed if you get  an invite to join the Michigan Mafia.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:11:38 am by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:01:44 am »

The Slider may be you least expesive machine from the 1950s.  I agree.

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:51 am »

Mike,

Welcome aboard!  I don't have any Pepsi machines as my wife's family was involved in bottling Coca Cola for 4 generations and that would cut me out of the inheritance!  biggrin

I do, however, have a nice Coca Cola VMC 144SA (3 selection) that is complete and was running when I bought it.  glare I hate to use that tired line but it was running when I bought it 3 or so years ago and it has just been sitting in my garage on a dolly awaiting my time and attention.  I have since decided that I really don't have any plans for it other than perhaps using the main door for a bathroom door when I finish my basement; but I would hate to chop up a complete machine.

I would be willing to let this one go for what I have into it--$350.  It is a nice looking machine but I know it needs some work.  It should probably be re-wired and have new fans installed in it.  And I know there is some rust on the bottom of the interior tub of the machine that should be addressed.  I have attached a picture, let me know if you are interested and I can sent you more.

drinking Tim drinking
berrmich

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:16 am »

Thanks for the reponses!  I would rather a machine than a slider.  I might be tempted to look at a coke machine..   Smiley  where are you located?

-Mike
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »

I am near Brighton, MI so not that far away.  Based on your screen name, I am assuming that you are in Berrien County.  I travel all around the state for work so I am pretty familiar with most counties.

drinking Tim drinking
mllaugh3
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »

It is not a round top but I have a LaCrosse 7 up machine.  It's big and I think has 9 selections.  I am in Midalnd MI is interested.  I can send pics.  Let me know.

Mike

Vendo 81D
VMC 139
Few square tops
LaCrosse 7-up
berrmich

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:02 pm »

Midland isn't too bad.  About 3.5 hours for me.  I am in berrien county, but my name is actually the first four letters of the last name and the first four of by first name.  Do you happen to have more pics?  Smiley  Is the lacross a flat top?  Definately would like a round top.  I don't like the flat ones at all.
mllaugh3
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »

Yes it is a flat top but pretty cool looking machine.  Here is a pic.

Mike

Vendo 81D
VMC 139
Few square tops
LaCrosse 7-up
berrmich

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

Brighton is actually near my sister.  She lives in Bellville.  I think I am interested in looking at it.  Possibly I could stop by when I go to visit her.  Do you have more pics?

-Mike
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 03:38:41 pm »

Mike,

I will need to take some better ones than what I have.  Send me a personal message with you email address so I can send you higher resolution shots.  To send a PM, click on my name "mznb1u" and then click on "Send this member a personal message".  I will take a bunch of pictures and send them to you and you are certainly welcom to stop by and seen the machine when you are in the area.

You and mllaugh3 will have to make the SMC Michigan Mafia lunch planned for 3/24/12 at the Big Boy on M-59 in Waterford.  It is a great group of guys!

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »

Mike,

Pictures sent to your email.  Let me know if you have any questions.

drinking Tim drinking
berrmich

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:33 am »

How about this one?  not sure what model this is?  Does it only do one flavor?

-Mike
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:40:06 am »

Wurlitzer...probably originally a coke machine...made in the 90's I think...it can vend 2 different drinks.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:26:23 am »

The body is fiberglass, the mech has problems, and  they can be bought cheap because they look cheap and have a lot of issues.
Patience.  They do show up and you won't regret  the wait when you find "The One", or the first one...

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
berrmich

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 09:41:12 am »

Thanks!  Didn't know there were reproductions out there!  Glad you guys are around.  Would have wasted a 2 hour drive.

-Mike
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

Mike,

No hurry, but, give me a heads up if you will be out my way and I will make sure that I am around to show you the VMC 144SA Coke.

drinking Tim drinking
berrmich

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Ya ..  I definately want to come see that.  Even if I can't use it in the house I would like to place in my building.  I'm planning on purchasing...

-Mike
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: