SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:27:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faygo 56 Transitional $225  (Read 9314 times)
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:23 pm »

Hey guys I am finishing up my 81 and am done with projects for a while. I am hoping someone on here would get this before I put it on craigslist. This machine has bad beltline rust, but the otherwise the body is nice and straight. The cooling sytem cools, but it could use some paint and a rewire. I removed the tub and put rubberized undercoat on it. Other than that, everything is in pieces. The insulation is out, and I can put the pieces back together if needed. Includes working coin mech as well. Once the beltline rust is dealt with, it is useable as is or a good candidate for restoration. I had a fabricator cut me a new pan to replace the rusted out area with, I just haven't welded it in yet. Let me know if you have any questions. I want to sell whole and not piece out.

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:15:43 pm »

Thats a nice machine. The cabinet is the same as any V56 so you could find a cheap V56 and swap cabinets. It would be easier than fixing if you were going to repaint. Nice machine. Where are you located? What do you want for it?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:20:33 pm »

Sorry I see what you want for it. Where are you located?
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 08:06:39 pm »

Hey thanks for the comment. I know it would be easier to get a new cabinet, but I like to keep everything the way it is. The paint is a little faded, but I bet it would buff out just fine. If I was to keep it, I would just buff it and weld in the new pan. Ofcourse I always wanted a vernors machine, but I didn't want to invest in the paint job. I honestly just want the floor space back, an am done with working on machines for a while! My 81 took me a lot longer than I thought! The machine is in Atlanta.

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:30:54 pm »

If I could get it to Kansas I would be all over it   down

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »

If it were in Ohio it would be in my house.
jedarke

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:53:01 am »

Hey, I'll take it and am in Atlanta.  Been looking fro a Faygo Machine.  Let me know how to get in touch with you and I can come get it.

Thanks!

V-63
V-39
C-55
VMC 56 Faygo Transitional
V-81B
V-44
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 10:43:32 am »

Nice to see a Detroit branded machine getting that far South and staying original!  You can still get Red Pop, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange, Grape and Rock & Rye in 12 oz. long neck bottles.  These are original formula with real cane sugar and not HFCS!  They would look great in that machine!

drinking Tim drinking
jedarke

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 11:40:48 am »

I'm from Detroit originally and drank Faygo as a young boy, so can't pass this up.  I was at a Quick Trip down here the other day to get some gas and went in to get a Coke....to my surprise they were carrying some Faygo products.  Bought some Red Pop for me and my boys.  No Rock & Rye but will see next time.  Will have to get some for the machine!

V-63
V-39
C-55
V-81B
V-44
Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 02:57:29 pm »

Well Cool glad it is going to a member here and that it is not going to be parted out. smile.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 09:26:50 pm »

jedarke--if you are from Detroit, then you will remember this famous Faygo commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqyDj7RX6Y

On a side note, a lot of people mistakenly think that this was filmed on one of the old Bob-lo boats.  I was at the Home and Garden Show at the Palace in Auburn Hills last week and I talked to the guys who are in the process of restoring the Ste. Claire.

http://www.bobloboat.com/

They hope to have the Ste. Claire back in Detroit by August when she will celebrate her 100th Anniversary.  They also still have the Columbia but she is in far worse shape.  I am so glad that these beautiful ships did not end up in the scrap yard and hope they can raise the funds to save them both.  I am looking forward to touring the Ste. Claire with my kids when they get her back to Motown.

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 09:39:00 pm »

Tim let me know when that happens,  I think that would be great to take my wife , make a day of it.

Hey Tim,left you a message on your ph.
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 04:52:20 pm »

SOLD!! Jim is a great guy to deal with in case you guys deal with him in the future. I am glad it is going to stay original and together. Enjoy!

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »

Well I'm glad you got it , I hope you restore it, Hate to see these fade away. smile
jedarke

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »

Terry, a big thanks for the machine and for taking my call on a Sunday, meeting me yesterday and helping to load it up.  Obviously you have a great passion for the hobby and I'm certainly appreciative of the offer to help me out as questions come up as I know they will.  It was a pleasure to meet you and it's a pleasure to be part of this group....I'm officially addicted.  If anyone needs a hand down here in Atlanta with anything, let me know.

Will check out that Vid Tim!

Thanks!

V-63
V-39
C-55
V-81B
V-44
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: