SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 06:53:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81d plate inside door - how to remove?  (Read 3158 times)
« on: June 29, 2002, 11:38:54 am »

Hi;

I need to remove a 4"x3" metal plate on the inside of the main door (not the coin door) and then remove the pin that attaches the crank shaft to the vending bar that runs diagonally inside the door.  I will be removing the coin mech for repair but to do that - I need to get the plate out for access to that area.

The plate is situated at the center of the door liner and has two metal studs holding it in place.  They are not screws, unfortunately - they may be rivets, but I am not sure.  If there is a way to remove them and still be able to re-install them - please let me know.  My guess is that I will need to drill them out, but I am not certain.  Thanks in advance!!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 06:52:45 pm »

The plate may have been riveted on and can be removed by carefully drilling it out...
You could than utilize stainless steel screws to fasten it back after the repair to facilitate removal at a later date. You might have to acquire clips for the screws to screw into instead of attempting to screw into the plastic...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 10:33:51 am »

Thanks Jim - I got them out !!  I was ready to start drilling, but thought I would try to pry them out just in case they were not too tight.  I took a pair of wire cutters and grabbed the first stud underneath the edges - and it popped right out.  As it turns out - they are grey plastic plugs with posts that are split so that they spread out inside.  They look exactly like metal - so I am relieved.  Now when I reassemble it I can just pop them back in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: