SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:56:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Thermostat advise  (Read 2960 times)
jbachman2
5 Cent Member

« on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

Just wanted some advice on which thermostat is recommended for a Ideal 55 slider.  This is the same slider I just got restored a few months ago but honestly I have never been thrilled with the way it has cooled.  It seemed like it was always running so I broke down and actually timed it and I found that it was running for 2.5 minutes and then would shut off for 1.5 minutes before kicking back on for another 2.5 minutes.  I kept an eye on it for an hour and it was doing this cycle the whole time.  I tried to adjust the sensing tube of the thermostat but things only got worse from there, it basically never shut off.  So I am looking on the fun-tronics website and I see a Non-Contact Thermostat and Contact style.  Which is recommended?  I have a Non-Contact style now that goes into a tube that is soldered to the coil.  Would a contact style work or should I just try another non-contact one?

My Machines:

Ideal 55 Slider
Westinghouse WB-78-66-D
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:08 am »

Use our non contact thermostat and mount it inside the cabinet under your shelf. If you try and use your same sensing tube as the original it sometimes gets seperated from the cooling tubes and is not sensing the temperature. The best way I have found is to mount the thermostat inside. If you need any more help just give us a call on Monday.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: