SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:13:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Glasco Slider Restoration Help  (Read 2990 times)
twold

« on: November 20, 2010, 10:36:03 am »

Just getting into restoring my first machine so be gentile.  I want to totally redo this machine.  I have got some questions.

1. Stripping down to the shell so I can get it repainted.  I want to pull the liner/cooling unit. Any advise or cautions?  I don't want to damage the coils or refrigerationn assembly in any way while getting to the insulation and bare shell.  How does it come out?
2. Should I paint, Powdercoat or re-Zinc the slider assembly?
3.The unit is pretty much rust free except the side door on the botom.  Anybody know where I can get a replacement?
4. What do you do to the tub/liner in a restoration on this unit?  Paint or something else?

Anyone that has restored these units - Please let me know what to watch out for or what you might have done differently.  Thanks in advance to everyone for your help.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:28:53 pm by twold » Logged
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:36:08 am »

PM me your phone number and I will give you a call and help you with a few pointers.
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:40 am »

twold--welcome to the site! happydrinkers  I have never restored a slider but I hear they are not the easiest.  Rod has done some beautiful restorations on that type of machine so he is a good guy to get pointers from.  Plus, he can help you with gaskets and other parts you might need along the way!

Good luck with the restoration and don't forget to post pictures because
 Please post photos!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: