SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:46:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with coin mech  (Read 6394 times)
« on: March 17, 2002, 01:33:49 am »

I have a Coinco  S75-9800a coin mech in my Coke 56B machine and I just changed the motherboard, it got fried. After I put the new motherboard and when I put the 75 cents in, it just clicks like it wants to release the sodas, but it does not have enough power to release them. Could anyone tell me what could be wrong. Thanks inadvance for your help.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 10:13:02 am »

What is clicking? Also, if you have a voltmeter hold it to the leads that go to the release solenoid after you have put in change and see if you get any reading at all.

Nate
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 01:01:51 pm »

Nate,
The clicking sounds like it is coming from the inside of the machine sounds like the release solenoid. What should the release solenoid  read on a voltometer? Thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 03:01:03 pm »

In older machines the release solenoid will usually be 110-120 volts. The supply to it without the solenoid attached should measure that. With the solenoid in line there shouldn't be too much of a voltage drop, if there is you probably need a new solenoid. If there isn't, it's probably stuck or obstructed. Try taking it out and see if it moves freely (with no power) then activate it and see if it will move by itself. If it does it's probably obstructed somehow in the vending mechanism.

Nate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: