SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:17:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins won't drop  (Read 5540 times)
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:23:38 am »

Good morning, some help please--i have a Glassco slider BGV50
and the coins will not drop. i hadn't used the machine in awhile so i pluged it in put in a coin and it worked fine so i drop in another and it won't work--i don't think the coin drop threw and it hasn't worked since--the coins will not go threw--i can get the coin back with the bent coin return button.
The coin mech is by A.B.T. Manufacture corp.--in Chicago.
it says to adjust a chain for the coins one way and for the bottle pull another way--either loosen or tighten.I don't know if a coin is stuck in it or not?? it doesn't look easy to adjust the chain theres not much room to work in--i guess bottom  line is i don't really know what i am doing--if to just try the adjustment--or if the coin mech has to come off i only see and can get to a few screws at the bottom and don't know how to get it off the bottle pull --and i don't want to mess anything up--and does the machine have to be pluged in to use the machine to get a bottle out and is there a way to free play the machine if so desired.
Your help will be appreciated   Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 07:40:00 pm »

Sorry for the delay Bob!

To really see what you're talking about, posting a photo of the coin mech in question would really let see what you have and then we can go from there...

Try to get a good close-up of the complete coin-gear id possible...

Lastly, just for kick and giggles, open the lid and see if the vending gate will open...  My thoughts are that possibly when the last bottle was removed, the gate opened just enough to allow a bottle to be removed but not enough to reset the coin mech; leaving it in a "half way" position...  Just a thought...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 09:46:39 am »

Thanks for the reply Jim--i have tried several times to wiggle the lifter-its seems to be in the correct postion down--i am sending a few pics its hard to get any goods ones but these are not to bad--i hope they help-if you need more or different ones let me know.  Thanks bob
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 09:48:01 am »

pic2
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 09:49:01 am »

pic3
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 09:49:58 am »

pic4
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 09:50:46 am »

pic5
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 11:53:59 am »

Thanks for the pictures Bob. You have a Glasco slider, fitted with an Ideal slider coin mech. They are interchangable.
    Your only question should be " how do I remove the coin box cover"?   Once removed you will see what is happening to the coin travel, how to correct it.
     Remove the 2 screws you see at the bottom and lift the entire cover straight up and off.

Glen

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: