SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 10:36:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basement Malt Shops. Let's see them,  (Read 14492 times)
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« on: December 15, 2011, 01:32:34 pm »

I would like to see some others so I can "borrow" some  ideas.  Fell free to take any ideas from these.   I still use it almost every day.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:01:34 pm »

IDEAS??? for what .. you have one of the coolest basement Diners I've seen... very cool, I wish my room was half that cool... mine is more of just a throw it on the wall to get it out of the way room...

I'd love to go the 50's theme on it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:57:35 pm »

I would love the space to theme.. I'm like you John. Everey inch counts..
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

That is a great set-up.  I hope to get my basement looking like that someday.  Just need to find the time and bucks--college tuition is getting in the way.

I have a Victor C-45 for the bar and I already have the vintage soda stools to go with it.  Cold drinks will be served from the Vendo 81-D at parties and from the Cavalier USS-64 on a daily basis.  I will also have a 50's era wood phone booth with a vintage AE Phone.  Got the Seeburg Model 161 Juke to crank the tunes and a few signs to hang on the wall.  Candy will be from the Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel and Stoner Theater.  Games will be played on a 30's/40's era shuffleboard table.  You will also be able to buy a pack of candy smokes from my National 7 pull cigarette machine.  I have a condom machine and tampon/minipad machines for the bathroom!  You will even be able to weigh yourself and get your fortune on my American Mfg. penny scale!

And the best part is that the War Department is in agreement! happydrinkers

Now if I could only find the time and money!  darn It all looks perfect in my mind! tounge

drinking Tim drinking
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:30 pm »

It took me 10 years, marriage counseling and determination to do this but the rewards are amazing.  To have a group of 9 year old's doing the jitterbug from "At the Hop" from my Seeburg 100c is priceless.

The 50s were a special time for this country.  I wish I would have grown up in the 50s and not the 70s.  Can you imagine a 1970s themed game room?  A disco ball, pet rocks, mood rings, Donna Summer on a Seeburg Disco 160?Huh??

Sorry but I just got sick for a moment.

Here's a few more one with my Midget Alley Bowler

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

BC,
I too was part of the 70's, the generation between LSD and REM, and my friends can't understand why I feel more at home  in a game room that will look like a malt shop than a setup reminiscent of Studio 54.
Yet, Man Caves a few weeks back did a Disco lounge for a guy, then the following  week or two later did a 50's malt shop.

Like Tim i have most of the  layout and  final product in my head,  but have enough of the fin stuff to get mine started.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:10:55 pm »

Kilroy,

My advise is to just get started.  It took me months to plan and 2 years to build.  People are so enamoured with the old coin op stuff that they fail to see my terribly carpentry.  The stainless steel quilted pattern walls really pops all the chrome.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »

That is truly an amazing room. That room needs to be in a magazine! Another 70's -80's guy here. My basement is full of arcade games, soda machine and soon to be a juke... No theme though, just a lot of stuff..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:48 am »

Sooo cool. I can only dream of a room like that. Maybe someday, down the road. At this point, I have just one Coke machine in my kitchen.

Vendo 81A
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:25 am »

Ideas?   The room look fairly perfect already.  THANK You for the ideas.  I'm in the process and finishing my basement and I thank you for giving me something to strive for.   Beautiful room BC!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: