SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:06:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glasco cup vendor  (Read 19821 times)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2005, 03:18:12 am »

I actually loved the mix ratio, but then they probably varied from machine to machine or model to model.
Most of the ones I used in the 1970s & 1980s also had a "No ice" button in case you didn't want it. But I loved the ice pellets. Up until a few years ago there used to be one at the Minneapolis/Saint Paul airport alongside all the modern machines. I doubt it's still there.

And last time I was at the "Great American History Theater" in downtown Saint Paul there was one still in operation. I have had a few Cokes there. I'll have to see if it is still there. But neither of them were as beautiful as your old ones.

I did like that these had the plexiglass door that would slowly close after the cup dropped and before the ice came showering down. Seems like the cups in those machines always fell slightly tipped at an angle, but somehow righted themselves due to the weight of the ice.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: