SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 09:52:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier cs 96 a coin problem  (Read 4900 times)
J. Morgan
« on: July 03, 2003, 09:29:15 pm »

I have a Cavalier CS-96-A with a National Rejectors coin mechanism (11-77-20 1-15-053, if that means anything), which is adjustable from 5 cents to 75 cents.  It is currently set for 10 cents.  When I insert the coin(s), the mechanism accepts the coin(s) and makes the normal “click” sound, but the “Have a Coke” light does not light up, the bottle gates do not release, and the mechanism does not give me change.  I’ve tried changing the price, but to no avail.  It doesn’t matter how much money I put in, it will not release the bottle gates.  I’m assuming that the problem is with the coin mechanism.  Any help would be appreciated.  Signed – Thirsty in Ohio.
J. Morgan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 09:22:30 am »

Here's what I discovered since my first post.  I removed the slug rejector and lightly press against the armature for the bottom electro magnet (which was already engaged) and it made a buzzing noise.  It was also very warm.  I re-installed the slug rejector and presto - the coin mechanism worked, for a while.  When it stopped working, I repeated the same procedure to get it working again.  Therefore, I assume that there is something wrong with the electro magnet.  Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement elector magnet for this coin mechanism, or how to fix the problem?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 10:43:42 pm »

Well you'd need a parts doner coin mech. as these units don't have any spares available from the manufacture, how ever, the buzzing & warmth are normal for this  C.R.E.M  that means
"Coin Reject Electro Magnet" there should be one or two fingers that protrude into the coin path of the slug rejector,
& by pressing in on the Armature you've temporarly gave it enough clearance to allow a coin to pass thru for credit, so if you "tweak" the finger('s) with a pair of needle nose pliers you should be able to fix this problem, I'm talking about a VERY small "tweak" just so the finger('s) don't poke so far into the coin path. if all else fails you can remove & tape the wires to the C.R.E.M. and remove the armature for later use as a spare to get by, however this will mean that the mech will accept that coin even when the machine is empty or out of change, I've got  at least three mechs in my stash that were modified this way that came out of retired soda machines      ( that must of ticked so people off when buying a soda out of those machines!) well hope this helps you out...JohnieG

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: