SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 07:55:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier c-33 coin mech.  (Read 3222 times)
« on: April 07, 2004, 08:12:24 pm »

Hi everyone. I recently dug out a cavalier c-33 my grandfather gave to me a while back. I plugged it in and surprisingly it still ran. I tried dropping some coins in and they got stuck. I opened it up and dug out all the coins (pennies I had tried using when I was a kid) that were lodged inside. I then tried again. The coin made it all the way up to a u-shaped arm, which I am assuimng leads to the coin box (which is missing) then just sat there. I tried to vend a drink, but the coin didn't move from this swing arm. I tried moving it abit to encourage it but nothing happend. I tried the coin return and still nothing. As far as I know it is the original coin mech. As soon as my grandfathers work closed, he took it home and put it in the basement. One more thing, the basket inside is missing, its just a hollow box. Could this be causeing it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 09:49:59 pm »

Hello Chris,

It's difficult to understand what you're referring to; but in a nutshell, the coin has to pass through the slug rejector to be validated as a "good" coin before entering into the coin slot as part of the vending mechanism.
If the slug rejector isn't functioning properly, the a coin will not make its way into the vending coin mech slot which will allow the vend handle(commonly called the "crank handle") to rotate clockwise releasing one bottle of soda.
Which brings me to your nect question...
If you don't have the vending basket/rack, then the machine will not be able to vend sodas even if all the coin gear is functioning properly!

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: