SMC Discussion Areas
May 29, 2024, 10:44:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Gullwing  (Read 5970 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:31 pm »

Hi All,
   Doesn't seem like this one comes up too often, but are the Pepsi Gullwing Electric coolers worth getting ahold of?  The one I've found is described as needing "lots of love" to get it back to original condition.  Haven't called the guy, but wanted to at least get an idea from you guys as to what a good price might be and if they're even all the collectible.  Assuming the machine is at least complete, perhaps not working, is it worth trying to get?  As always, I appreciate the information!!!  Thanks.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »

I like their look, but needing lots of love  usually means the parts no one reproduces are missing, the wife plowed into it while it was in the garage, and the rust looks good against the faded grungy white paint.

You wouldn't have an issue selling it, but make sure the doors, catchers, shelves etc are there
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:50:37 pm by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:34 pm »

Thanks.  That at least gives me a starting point for questions.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:40:51 pm »

Ok, so I called about this machine and it turns out that the shelves inside are missing, but mounts are still there.  It is also missing the entire compressor system and the inside apparently is rusted out and would need to be repaired/replaced.  They're asking $200 for it.  Knowing it will cost near $1000 to buy new compressor system for it along with finding the shelves, it would probably be near or over $2K before all said and done if I did the work myself.  If correctly restored, what can these sell for?  Oh, and bottle opener is still mounted, so that's a plus.  Thoughts??

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:35 pm »

Forgot to ask...is there perhaps another compressor system that would go with this and still be a "proper" unit?  In other words, is it interchangeable with some other machine?  Thanks.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »

I had one years ago in that shape... the cap catcher still there?... as those are repro'd anymore... the opener is worth $25+ plus
You could make it into a dry box version.... I bought mine at auction for $75 and traded it off as it was too much work...
$200 seems high but don't really know until you are able to post pictures...  made of thin metal round the lip/liner. lots of rust there too.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

I should have pictures soon via email.  As soon as I get them, I will post them for input.  The lady did say there was rust around top where you mentioned.  Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm not in any rush and if it's a good "investment" to flip it, it may be worth it in the end.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: