SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:03:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice vend HELP! Hi there new guy here just got my first Coke machine yesterday  (Read 17494 times)
Mental Health
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:27 pm »

Cool Like the title says got my first one yesterday off of Craig's list for $100.  All day I have been reading all the posts on this site and just wanted to say I have found a ton of useful info.  The machine I picked up is an early 1970's Choice Vend CVC142, it cools great but someone has done some hack wiring in it so only one button works and I think the relay for that button is stuck as well.  I am sure after tonight I will have a better understanding of what is wrong with it and if I have any questions I know exactly where I am going to go to get them answered  tounge Will post up some picks as soon as I can and thanks for having such a helpful site!!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:49:46 pm by Mental Health » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:52:41 pm »

Welcome to the board!!
Looking forward to the pictures.
Creighton
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:22:25 pm by Creighton » Logged
Mental Health
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:06:28 pm »

Thanks  biggrin I am working on this rig right now and I have a few questions concerning the relays...

I wired up the free play button but everytime I push it I do not have a chance to make a selection it just despenses from the fourth (last) cans.  I took the relay housing apart to watch the operation and there are six relays in there.  Four of the relays are for the vend motors which I am about to test (one works for sure LOL) and there is a hold relay which seems to be working correctly.  The question I have is that there is a sixth relay in there lablesd as an XR relay in the schematic, does anyone know what this relay is for and should it be energized as soon as you plug in the machine as mine is doing?

THANKS!!!!!
Mental Health
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:42:37 pm »

Here is a pic of the relay assy the RX relay is the second from the right in this pic... should it stay energized as soon as I plug in the coke box?  It only un energizes momentarily after it despenses a can.

Here is a picture of my awesome coke machine!!! I have wanted one of these for over ten years and decided now is the time I ain't gettin no younger  help

Mental Health
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:17:09 pm »

Wow I feel like I am talking to myself here LOL but just wanted to update that all of the buttons are in working order as are the relays, I really am starting to think there is something funky with the wiring to the motors or possibly the wiring to the buttons.

Can I possibly get a complete new wiring harness for this monster?  Oo
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:21 pm »

Well welcome to the board  glad you found us smile .
As far as your machine  you can't get a complete wiring harnes
no one has come up with that yet.

It look like a real nice machine , soon you  will have4 or 5 machine's
it a bad habit you just can't stoponce you bought your first machine.  wow
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 08:16:52 pm »

Our resident Choice Vend expert is JohnieG; perhaps he'll chime in and help trouble shoot...
Can you confirm the vend motor(s) are operational...?

My six cents,

Jim

Mental Health
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:09 pm »

Our resident Choice Vend expert is JohnieG; perhaps he'll chime in and help trouble shoot...
Can you confirm the vend motor(s) are operational...?

Yea sir all motors are operational I have been working on this thing for the last few hours and am not coming up with a whole lot.... It just wnts to vent frm the forth stack of can and no others.  I did manually jump the relay to the fist stack of cans and on dropped but the forth stack was running the whole time... Very confused any help will br MUCH appreciated.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:24:58 pm »

I don't know that model but seems like machines of that era get cranky if low on product. Have you tried filling all of the stacks? Any "low product sensors" that might be missing or damaged. Sorry can't be of more help.
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:32 pm »

Yep you must have a minimum amount of cans in the machine before it will let a column dispense.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: