SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:33:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffing out case wear  (Read 3497 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« on: December 11, 2002, 01:38:35 am »

Hello,

Anybody had any luck buffing out light case wear on bottles. Looking for tips or hints!

Thanks much!
Creighton
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 08:37:51 am »

I haven't tried this on bottles but I don't think it's going to work well. The abrasives for glass have to be very harsh to do much and by the time the case wear is gone any ACL will be too and much of any embossed logo will be smoothed away. It wouldn't hurt to try, but I think you'll end up living with the "character" of the older bottles.

Nate
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 11:49:22 pm »

I have found that the best thing for fixing case wear on glass bottles is to clean them and apply a thin dose of Johnsons paste wax (little yellw can) over the entire bottle and let it haze over. Clean cotton towel to remove haze and buff. Some times a second coat on stubborn bottles. There bottles will shine like the dickens, the wear will still be there but no where as noticable.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 12:49:20 am »

Thanks Pope!!

Worked like a champ. Paste automotive Turtle Wax does the trick as well. Great board!!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: