SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:20:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Machine collections for TV.  (Read 17672 times)
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 03:25:37 pm »

I think its brilliant. I've always wondered where an item I missed out on ended up. Did it end up in a museum or private collection? Where do these items we search for everyday end up. Always been a mystery to me and this may help me see what collection its in. I can understand people don't want someone hounding them to sell something but why not show it to interested parties in the hobby. I however love to show people my collection and educate them on the history of a machine or item. The thrill of the hunt and showing my collection to fellow collectors who love this hobby is the best part. I would be honored if someone wanted to buy one of my machines. My machines may be NFS but I would be thrilled if someone else saw the beauty or history and made an offer. I may say NFS at this time but I never know when or why I might sell an item in the future. I may have a duplicate or found one in better condition or just want to save cash for a future purchase. I see an offer as flattering and a potential future buyer and home where it will be appreciated and preserved. My opinion may be different then some but I for one would like the future generations to see and feel the history of these machines.  

The machine I have followed for a long time is the Tavernette which I would love to own one day. Its out there somewhere and I'd love to see the very secret collection its in. Then make them an offer.  biggrin
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:29:28 pm by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 08:14:02 pm »

Well said sc, I feel the same way, I'm not sure I would want all of tv land knowing what I have in my house but sharing what we all have with fellow collectors is part of the fun and like you said it could lead to a deal sometime down the road...

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

We should publish a magazine......

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:29 pm »

What about a section in our user profiles where we list all our items, items NFS could be labeled as such, would probably spark a bunch of deals and trades

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »

Thanks All !!
When the second "Tavenette" shows please let me know,outstanding.
Well seems I still own www.real-collectors.com. It is in a sorry state of under development at the moment. I just put test links in and called it a day. It appears.
Own 30+ domains so please forgive.

Can do anything folks would like with this one. Looking forward to suggestions.
Thanks!
Creighton
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 10:39:13 pm »

That's a good idea Creighton, like you need more things to do,  biggrin
Users could upload their pics under certain categories. Names would be optional.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 10:58:36 pm »

Hey Seth, what kind of information do you know about the tavernette,I have never seen one. Great looking machine thanks, Jared
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 11:28:23 pm »

Have forced motel time coming up in a week. Good as time as any to try and spin it up for submissions. Pending functioning WiFi which could be a whole nuther thread...
Creighton
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 12:02:10 am »

I'll let you know if I see another Tavernette for sure. Those are the types of machines that are tucked away in collections we would be amazed by. This is where your website could come in. This could be the gateway to seeing amazing collections. You could have different categories IE (Gas and Oil, Soda Related, Cars) really anything. Then people could choose "post anonymously" or "publicly with contact email". Your website could be similar to www.pinterest.com where people post pic's but yours will be whole collections and the ability to contact the owner if owner chooses that option. Well get to work! We need this website ASAP  :big grin: I may have regurgitated a little of what AJF mentioned above.

I would prefer posting publicly because I make contacts all over the country from a simple email. These contacts or collectors could point me toward something I'm looking for or even point out something they saw for sale I might have interest in. This type of contact landed me a Pepsi calendar last week from a bottling plant in my home town I never new existed. That was all from a simple email. Ironically this collector also has a unreal collection but is cautious about who he shares his collection with. He's the type of collector we need to share on your site and I think the anonymous part would bring those types of collections to light. Here is just a tiny glimpse into his collection below. He did give me permission to post this a while back.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:04:18 am by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 12:35:21 am »

Jared, The Tavernette was a machine purchased from the Schmidt Museum when they auctioned off all the items. I found information on this machine while doing research for another machine. It appears to be from the late 20's based on an article I found. I did a little digging to see if one still existed and I found it in a video of it being restored. I have posted that previously on this site. I contacted the restoration guy who restored it for the owner but he explained its in a private collection and he could give no further info. I explained to him I found some information on the Tavernette that may be helpful in understanding the machines history. He said he would pass it along to the owner and it was great I had found something because they had no information on it to date. It is a great looking machine and right up my alley on the rarity scale.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:51:58 am by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar