SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:28:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whatever happened to your word being your bond !  (Read 18395 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

CAT FOOD, what's wrong with cat food.  Like Andy Griffith advertised, "Everything taste good on a Ritz cracker."  "Mmmm Mmmm good cracker."  O.K. now we totally went off the subject. biggrin

A lot of stuff.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 07:57:53 pm »

I didn't know any better I would almost think this was personal, so before this turns into a childish, pointless, senseless mud slinging match.

It's not personal, but maybe I don't want to hear someone complain any more then their wife. Still not getting personal, it's what I got from the start of your post. It happens to all of us, and nobody ever complains... Wow, I agreed to pay top dollar at $9000 for that vmc 7up and he backed out because someone else paid over retail. What if your wrong and this isn't about their "word" and just selling stuff in a blind market where buyers show up 50% of the time after giving their word.

I never apologize.
I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
- Homer J. Simpson

Yabba Dabba Doo.
- Fred Flintstone

Tim
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33:27 am »

Is it just me or does nearly every post end up in a slanging match recently.

I'm all for free speech etc but whatever happened to that nice warm glow that has existed ever since 2005 when I
first joined.

Come on guys "feel the love."

Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 07:12:03 am »

Thanks, it's nice to see that some poeple still believe that your word is bond ! As far as the postponement, I sugested it, I still would of came down if he had a problem with it but it just made more sence it being father's day weekend and all, he agreed. In retrospect, I should of just went up anyways, brought the kids and made a fun weekend out of it which is what I usually do ! Oh well, on the bright side I can go back to my search for a vmc 81 Pepsi which is what I was on the hunt for when I came across the vendo 44... anyone here got one for sale ? Lol on the down side, I'm starting to think I will never get that dam vendo 81D shell !
Wow did this thread go way off the path. Anyway I do have a restored VMC 81 Pepsi for sale. I do have one buyer ahead of you who I am working a deal with. He has first chance at it, but if he does not take it I would be happy to offer it to you. I only know you on here by your user name. So if you are interested you can call me or pm me your name and number and will contact you if the first buyer backs out.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 07:32:01 am »

Is it just me or does nearly every post end up in a slanging match recently.

I'm all for free speech etc but whatever happened to that nice warm glow that has existed ever since 2005 when I
first joined.

Come on guys "feel the love."

LOL - Dave, I was thinking the same thing.  I think folks in the US are getting a little cranky from the summertime heat.  I know here in PA it is finally topping 90 with about 90% humidity after a pretty cool and wet spring. 

As I tell my Service Desk manager when he gets into a foul mood "Dude, cut down on the grapefruit!  You are way too bitter!"

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jnapp18
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 07:44:06 am »

Well I guess I'm jumping in with some input. @MaineT,  I would challenge you to find someone on this site who doesn't try to buy a coke item, whether it be a machine, or a sign, etc, for cheaper than market price... If I see a vendo 81 on CL for $400 , I'm not going to offer the guy $1,200... I'm going to drive my ass over to that guy and buy it. Now obviously Jeff's situation was a little different because it was 16 hours away and he couldn't just pick up and leave, but he did the next best thing and buy the machine and set up a time to go get it; and he got the sellers word. Last time I checked if you list a machine on eBay with a $400 buy it now, and it sells, then somebody contacts you saying they will pay $800, its a little late for that, you have to honor your original sale..... You all can see where I'm going here. Anyway that's for burning 15 minutes of work for me, dont have much to do right now Smiley
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 08:09:34 am »

The bottom line for me is:

Seller made the deal, all details were worked out.
The seller in this case should have held the machine since he had already established an agreement with a  buyer.
In this case the Seller is a piece of S**t!

S**t lacks morals.   

Garbage Gold Hunter
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:23 am »

That sucks.. I stick to a price once I agree on selling something.. I don't even want to hear other offers from people because it doesn't matter.

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 08:37:30 am »

Anyway I do have a restored VMC 81 Pepsi for sale. I do have one buyer ahead of you who I am working a deal with. He has first chance at it, but if he does not take it I would be happy to offer it to you. 

Screw the guy you are working with Rod......sell it out from under him!   glare   J/K

Glen
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

Well I guess I'm jumping in with some input. @MaineT,  I would challenge you to find someone on this site who doesn't try to buy a coke item, whether it be a machine, or a sign, etc, for cheaper than market price... If I see a vendo 81 on CL for $400 , I'm not going to offer the guy $1,200... I'm going to drive my ass over to that guy and buy it. Now obviously Jeff's situation was a little different because it was 16 hours away and he couldn't just pick up and leave, but he did the next best thing and buy the machine and set up a time to go get it; and he got the sellers word. Last time I checked if you list a machine on eBay with a $400 buy it now, and it sells, then somebody contacts you saying they will pay $800, its a little late for that, you have to honor your original sale..... You all can see where I'm going here. Anyway that's for burning 15 minutes of work for me, dont have much to do right now Smiley

So you get there any take advantage of that little old lady that didnt know what she has... What a guy. Sorry, No chemo this week grandma, you sold that old coke machine to JACK for $400 and he flipped it for $1500 the next day..  The $400 bought grampa's headstone though... Well, at least JACK made money. Ya, lecture me on honoring your deal to someone who's likely to no show on you.... Go ahead. I've emailed quite a few ads and told the person they were way too low. I've even done it on a machine I was looking at to buy.  You can be Walmart if you want, I'll pay a fair price. If they are asking a fair price, do you find yourself still offering less just to get the better deal?  It's one thing to get a deal and pay a fair price, its another to pay $400 for an 81...

I like how the people who are complaining that your word is you bond are the same people that would take advantage of another person so quickly. You don't have to pay top retail, but don't bitch when they sell a machine that you already pushed off the pickup date once.

Hey, didn't I point out a vendo 81 that turned out to be a sore spot.....  one member here sold to another member at his cost to help out another member for "himself" just to have that member shove it up his a$$ and flip it for a profit?

Ya... Go ahead, lecture me guys. I pay fair prices then members here try to offer me less then I paid so they can flip or restore and make thousands. There is a certain person on this board that tried to give me a line about what a huge risk he is taking by restoring these rare machines..... Oh, btw they will make $5000 if I take a loss?!?!

The guy that offered more to a seller (on a machine I was picking up) plus a box of cigars chimed in on this post and made a comment on this post!!! Lets just say, why is it ok to offer someone more to get someone else to back out not the same thing as honoring your deal. It's ok to do the honorable thing and try to break another members deal, but now you owe someone on Craig's list something. NICE! I actually had no hard feelings, and I text back and forth with the member often.... It's F'ing CRAIG'S LIST!!! That guy didnt owe me anything, its a freaking cash and carry, online classified listing yardsale. Stop thinking its more then it really is. It isn't a business place with big brother watching like eBay, who takes a % to broker deals for you to make sure it is fair. Stop thinking you bought ANYTHING until cash changes hand.... That's what cash and carry means!

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: