SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:40:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok Shame on me.. I think I got Scammed  (Read 17764 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 09:50:09 am »

Sorry you are being jerked around John! Been there too - not fun!
Greyhound doesn't deliver to your door anyway. You need to pick the package up from the closest terminal.
I shipped a C-51 ammo belt to S. Carolina through GH once and was able to track it somewhat - kind of like the USPS tracking, which isn't worth much.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:50 am »

My town closed there Grey hound station so we have to check in with bus line and get an aprox. time of day to meet bus down town and grab the package. I think you just got run around again good luck.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:44 am »

I hate to be the negative one here but the whole greyhound story is BS.  From what I read here, but especially on oldgas, there are no items coming.  This guy is a %100 scumbag con artist.  I think from what I've read your best bet is to file a complaint through the post office and get him on mail fraud.  Hopefully the fact that mail fraud is a federal offense may be your best shot at really nailing this guy.
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:30 am »

I hate to be the negative one here but the whole greyhound story is BS.  From what I read here, but especially on oldgas, there are no items coming.  This guy is a %100 scumbag con artist.  I think from what I've read your best bet is to file a complaint through the post office and get him on mail fraud.  Hopefully the fact that mail fraud is a federal offense may be your best shot at really nailing this guy.

Ditto

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:32 am »

When I buy a machine and flip it for $1000.00 profit, I am jazzed for a few days........maybe weeks.

But when I lose that same $1000.00 on a deal, I'm pissed for a few weeks.....maybe months  darn

John, you're still way ahead. I say pick yourself up, brush yourself off.......and on to the next venture.

Glen
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

Moondawg, I think that is good advice as far as not letting it bother him anymore but I feel this guy needs to be stopped.  If everyone just wrote it off he will keep getting away with it and more honest people will get burned.  I think at this point consider the money gone but do everything you can to nail this piece of sh**
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 02:13:50 pm »

Yeah I know but I just can't let it go...

honestly , losing the $$ is not really bothering me as much as someone screwing with me.. that is what really Pisses me off (excuse my French)..

so I'm not letting it go.. I actually am enjoying trying to go black ops on this guy and will file the sheriffs report this afternoon and continue to hunt him down... I guess I have a bit of Vigelante in me and can't seem to let that go... but short of hopping a jet to San Jose, I'll see what I can do on my end along with the other guys who got hosed..

As far as the greyhound thing.. I know it's not door to door and there is a station in my home town and that is where it is "SUPPOSE" to be coming to.. but we'll see on that.. I've already called and text the guy about Tracking numbers to no avail.

Glen , I appreciate the advice but I still got a little fight in me yet.. we'll see..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

Was watching American Greed the other night.  They said that scammers get away with it longer than they should because most victims are to embarrasaed or ashamed to report it to police.

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »

Apparently he is shipping them via Greyhound Package Express...

I have never used this before and thought and asked the same thing for a tracking number..

he said the only way to track them is by him calling since he bought the "ticket" and they don't provide a tracking number..

so I'm going to call on that today unless anyone else has any insight on how the Greyhound Package Express works?

hopefull

Ok, I just checked on Greyhound Package Express and they do have Tracking numbers you can track,, so Now I'm back to worring again.. I just texted him to send me the #'s and he texted back, they will be there by Saturday.  HMMM

I've shipped via Greyhound for a customer, they DO provide a tracking number once they check in the package, HE should provide you with that number & YOU can check at the receiving end at your local Greyhound terminal it's shipping to.   Tell  (rhymes with YELL) him you want that number NOW.  then depending on his response, you may or may not be contacting the police regarding fraud & theft charges, and use of a computer to commit a crime. ( wire-fraud)  Next time, please use Craigslist for local (IE: within driving distance) purchases only. I hope all will end well for you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:29:02 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 12:12:37 pm »

That sucks John! 

I hate scammers; nothing but a bunch of low life scumbags!!!  veryangry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: