SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 08:17:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bow out Cavalier Cap Catchers and SS/Painted Lids  (Read 1640 times)
MrMark

« on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:46 am »

With the acquisition of a 3rd CDG-C yesterday (to be picked up Saturday), I have a need for "getting harder to find", reasonably priced, cap-catchers and lids (preferably 1/2 stainless, 1/2 painted) in order to make my daughters happy with their surprise birthday presents this September.

Just for the record, I currently have an all red face/white letter CDG-C on my back porch bought back in 2001 off E-Bay for $300.00. We used it for 3-4 years as it was, then found a guy to repaint it, including repainting the embossed letters, and did a good job, except he didn't seal the steel and it has began rusting again. Recently upgraded to R134a with Eric's at GlobalCompressors help. I had a new tub fabricated when I had it painted, along with new gaskets and interior panels for the lid doors.

Last year, I bought a rarer white face/red letter CDG-C that the lid's (1/2 SS, 1/2 painted) are in need of a lot of TLC and bondo. I need to drop a new compressor into this one. When I repaint, I'll repaint white/red. As for rust removal and metal sealing, now that I have 3 of these machines, I will build a plastic lined tank in the back yard and do the electrolytic method of rust removal. Once restored, I plan to move this one to my back porch, I think, and the daughter get's to have the one on the porch now.

The one I just bought is a red body/white letter that I have not seen in anything but pictures, but it looks to be in pretty good shape body wise. But needs a paint job as well, and the tank liner needs to be rebuilt. But it's all there, and I am anxious to see of the compressor runs. From the pictures that were taken of the compressor deck, no wires are dangling and it looks like virgin. The evaporator is complete with lid, to the point that all the screws are in it (unusual in any of my finds so far.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: