SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 03:10:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 81A Shelves , other parts wanted too.  (Read 4818 times)
American And Proud
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »

I Need 4 interior shelves for my 81A they have the little angle bracket and spring with a wheel roller.

I plan on leaving my interior factory galvanized so I want factory galvanized rustfree replacements to match.

I want 2 or 3 of the "stack" parts I think it is called? See pics. I got some rust on the lower parts but higher up is fine. These would be Fine, IF I was going to paint the insides but I want to avoid that. I just don't like the look of painting and would rather keep the factory galvanizing inside.

I will be buying the usual replacement reproduction parts, manuals, wiring harness, gaskets, inside plastic door cover, fan motor, Chrome work.

I won't know if it cools until I get the fan motor and the wiring harness, is there any other fans on the 81A, I only saw the one down at the bottom?

Let me know what you have available for a 81A Please, I would like to place an order for as many parts as needed to avoid costly repeated shipping costs if possible.

Seems the most popular place to get parts here is located in IL. And another one is in IL. too, so I will get Stuck with also paying Taxes buying online. I HATE THAT! darn veryangry

I want to check out other places too, and try avoiding the double wammy of shipping and taxes. censored

Thanks for lookin.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:53:04 pm »

Taxes suck, but Rod and ajnet  (Funtronics) and Streve ( Soda Jerks Works)  do their part to keep our hobby and machines going. 

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 02:17:54 pm »

You could order from SJW without taxes, but they are in CA. Extra shipping costs from CA might offset avoiding taxes though. Put a pencil to it is all I can suggest.

There are 2 fans in the 81A [evaporator and condenser fans). The evaporator fan [inside the cabinet] runs continuously and the condenser fan [by the compressor) cycles on/off with the compressor.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:21 am »

I know you said you plan on leaving the interior original, and after getting it cleaned up and if no rust, that should be fine, but you are planning on removing it to pull out the old insulation right? most likely you have some rust and old compacted insulation on the inside between the tub and bottom pan that you'll want to remove.
the rest of the parts should clean up with some soap and water and maybe a little CLR , scrub and rinse to remove the rust..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »

I know you said you plan on leaving the interior original, and after getting it cleaned up and if no rust, that should be fine, but you are planning on removing it to pull out the old insulation right? most likely you have some rust and old compacted insulation on the inside between the tub and bottom pan that you'll want to remove.the rest of the parts should clean up with some soap and water and maybe a little CLR , scrub and rinse to remove the rust..

What Signguy said!!  I know some people are Pro-Stink on this board, but I am Anti-Stink!  That insulation is on e of the main causes of that old machine smell.  Blegh!  :Oo

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
VMC H56C Transitional (Dr Pepper)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:32:34 am »

With apologies to Robert Duvall:

"Do you smell that!  Do you smell that!  Mildew, son.  Nothing else in the world smells like that.  I love the smell of mildew in the morning.  You know one time I went to a soda machine auction.  It lasted for 12 hours--when it was all over there was not one machine left--I got em all!  Every last one of them.  That smell, that soda machine smell--we all inhaled.  Smelled like  . . . Victory!" biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:48:56 am »

Tim,,,step away form the keyboard =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:38:34 am »

Now that was a great movie!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up