SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 01:43:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wiring diagram  (Read 5175 times)
jeff
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:11:14 pm »

hello,would anyone have a schematic for the sign lamp.I have replaced the lamp,ballast,starter,lamp sockets still to no avail. the machine is a vmc56c-b/rc cola.please help,not much hair left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:25:50 pm »

Here's a basic fluorecent light diagram, also remember that some lightup signs are controlled by an on/off switch located on or around the jones socket (where the coinmech plugs in)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:42:59 pm »

Welcome to the board. On my VMC-56 H the door panel light switch is on the bottom of the Jones plug junction box. You will need to hold it in for a few seconds then release.
Any questions just ask.
Creighton

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:04:08 pm »

Welcome to the board. On my VMC-56 H the door panel light switch is on the bottom of the Jones plug junction box. You will need to hold it in for a few seconds then release.
Any questions just ask.
Creighton

Good tip! some earlier styles of signs & bottle door lights had a Push-Hold-Release type of switch that was the manual fluorecent lamp starter/switch before the use of automatic type ( little silver cans) starters were used.       but he did say he had a starter in his unit, so the diagram should cover his situation I'm assuming.

11 is louder than 10...
jeff
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 08:37:39 am »

thanks guys,could not find any switch near or around the jones plug.by process of elimination the only part not replaced would be the starter socket. went to lowe's  and an independent but could not find one. does anyone know how to check the socket to determine if it's the culprit? and where could i find one ? also the bottle door light works.

thanks jeff
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:41:49 am by jeff » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:29:22 am »

If you put a voltmeter meter across the two female sockets ( were the pins of the F2 starter insert into the starter socket) you should read line voltage, set the meter to AC voltage & at least 300 volt scale.

which reminds me, are you getting line voltage to the input / connectors that feed the sign? unplug the sign from the machines harness in the coinmech area and measure for line voltage across the connectors, the circut is wired across the jones socket pins 1 & 2, it could be as simple as a loose connection or a broken wire in the harness.

11 is louder than 10...
jeff
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:35:35 am »

thanks,will try later this afternoon,dinner w/family.sorry bout the late reply back,tooooo much crown/7up last nite,plus had to break off to take care of honey/do/list

jeff
jeff
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 10:31:39 am »

ahh finally,thanks for the wiring diagram. seems i may have gotten the wires crossed on the ballast connection. rewired and wow whata sight! now one last thought bout getting the coin mech functional again. hopefully locally this can happen as i want to keep the originality intact.to me not worth much unless OEM

thanks JohnnyG and guys   jeff help
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:36:16 am by jeff » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: