SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 05:47:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110  (Read 5836 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:56 pm »

Ken,

I agree with RC.  I went back to a seller a month after he first listed a couple machines.  Found out he had not really pursued selling them but still needed to.  He was much more interested in negotiating a price rather than relisting the machines and starting from scratch.  I got what I thought was a pretty good deal.  In the pic you posted, it looks like that 110 is in a store room with a pile of dirty clothes, a broken lamp, and one old shoe.  In other words, its not the focal point of their rec room so I doubt they have a ton of emotional attachment to it.  Possibly just looking to clear out some space and make some money at the same time.  A little patience up front and some follow up shortly thereafter and you might find yourself with a new machine.  So don't give up and good luck!

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »

I think $400 $600.00 is a fair price. I bought a Vendo -110 in June for $500.00.

If they do get back to you and able go look at it I would make sure to check to make sure the door isn't sagging to bad.  They have a tendency since the doors have wood doors.  I had read of one remedy on here was to shim the hinges with a couple of washers?  That may help.

I got very lucky mine was owned by the same owner for 34 years.  And before that it spent it's life indoors and a fire station in the greater Seattle area.

Good Luck..
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »

Thanks.  If I can just get ahold of them I can find out those bits of information prior to driving 3 hrs to purchase...unless they want to give it to me for a steal sight unseen.  I'll keep you guys posted on how it turns out!

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: