SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 12:36:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Cup Vending Machine  (Read 10923 times)
janeconsumer

« on: November 04, 2013, 04:09:49 pm »

My husband's 50th birthday is coming up and I know he would love to have one of those soda cup vending machines. Specifically, I'm looking for the type that he seems most fond of, I've seen them, too, back in the 80's but the machines would have been considered aged by then. I believe they were square topped, so probably newer, 1970's maybe? Push button selection for the soda, cup comes out (I remember the cups with the playing cards), fills with crushed ice, then soda. You slide the little door to retrieve it.

I've actually spent quite a bit of time looking around the web for these and there seems to be some pretty limited information about any availability. So I wasn't sure if no one cared for them and they were mostly destroyed, or if they are so collectible that everyone already snatched them all up. down I hope it's not the latter. He would love to have one because it reminds him of childhood days, so we're really not looking for an "antique" but I suppose it is considered obsolete.

Restored is fine, but I'd rather keep it within budget, so he could probably fool around with his own little restoration project if it's not in too bad of condition. He's a disabled veteran and a little tinkering project might be nice.

I've emailed a fellow on here that seemed to be a collector of the cup machines and was selling some of his collection off earlier this year, but haven't heard back yet but it's only been a day. Don't know if he's still active or not.

I'm in the Northeast, don't know if that matters or not as far as getting anything delivered. Road trips in the Northeast are definitely a possibility, but if shipping isn't too bad then I'd go that route I guess.

Please let me know if you can direct me to any for sale. Thank you!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:44:16 pm »

The cup machines are not very popular with collectors.  My guess would be that most have been destroyed.

A lot of stuff.
James Hoffa

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »

I haven't seen any vending cup machines like that for sale, but I'm fairly new to the hobby. I've seen a few syrup dispensers around on ebay and craigslist. now with those there's no vending function but it may be an alternative.

Part of the fun in this hobby is looking across the internet and trying to track down what you want. I'm sure there's some vending cup machines out there, but you may have to put in a lot of time in your search. A lot of sellers, especially on CL, don't know what they have so the buyer really needs to know what it is they're looking for  and always searching.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help, but best of luck.

Vendo V-77
Lacrossa 90-9
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:15 pm »

Welcome to the site! I just spoke to the person you tried to contact. He said he will contact you about the cup machine as soon as he can.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

The machine you described has been listed several times recently here in Southern Calif.

It was very nice condition but they were asking $1000.00 so I'm assuming it never sold.

Next time they advertise it, I will let you know, but it may have to be his 51'st B'day gift.  biggrin

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

Is this the style you're looking for? http://www.retroplanet.com/blog/retro-memories/retro-ramblings/vendo-cup-vending-soda-machines/

janeconsumer

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 05:40:26 pm »

Why yes it is! The one I remember using in particular had round buttons for the soda selection, and I think the door slid sideways instead of up, but I could be wrong about that. I also remember them being a lot bigger, but then I was probably just much smaller at the time.  laugh

Thanks for all the replies! I'm pretty excited now, I might actually have a shot at doing this!

And as for the research taking time, I'm counting on it. I think it'll be a great hobby for him.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 02:08:44 pm »

Here is the machine I was referring to.......it has been re-listed again.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/4196812517.html

Glen
janeconsumer

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »

Thanks!

I'm hoping to run into one of these from a few posts back (it's the first pic): http://www.retroplanet.com/blog/retro-memories/retro-ramblings/vendo-cup-vending-soda-machines/

My husband's birthday has come and gone and unfortunately I wasn't able to find one for him in time. However I told him of my idea and showed him the above pic and he said that's the one he really wanted. So maybe some day. Guess I'll just have to keep checking back here.  smile

I appreciate all the help.
janeconsumer

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:39 am »

Still seeking a cup vending soda machine if anyone has any leads. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: