SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 02:20:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Rejectors 08-50-007 Type B  (Read 11140 times)
Witchboard

« on: October 19, 2007, 12:13:34 am »

Starting to work on the coin mech.  It doesn't seem to be accepting any coins at the moment.  I've cleaned and adjusted the slug rejector where it accepts all my coins, but the mech is spitting them all back out.

I can flip the coin microswitches and it moves the red wheel (1) until it trips the microswitch (2).  At this point, the exact change light goes out and the coil (3) is energized.  This coil is humming pretty loud and I typically unplug it after a few moments afraid I'll burn the thing up.  I can manually move the red wheel back to original position and start all over.  I guess my most pressing question is... what does that coil do?  Is it working as designed or is it hung up on something?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 01:26:54 am »

I have to say that I agree with Moondawg on this one. It really makes more sense to just buy a coinco. They are so much better. You can adjust the price from $0.05 to over $1. They are also just about bullet proof. If I were you I would spend the extra money and buy a good reproduction from JohnnyG. he does great work.
Witchboard

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:36:35 am »

Okay...
Witchboard

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 06:40:03 pm »

Anyone have a manual for this?  I've looked around and could only find the slug rejector manual.
Witchboard

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:48:52 pm »

Okay.  I played around with the mech some more this evening.  I think I've found the root of the problem.  That thing that I thought was a solenoid humming, is not a solenoid.  It's an electromagnet that spins this piston looking thing.  It's gummed up and not spinning freely.  I flipped some coin switches until it started humming and I turned it with my finger.  it took a while as it looks like it's supposed to spin pretty fast.  As I turned it I watched what all things happened.  Not only did it spit out change for me, but it also flipped a lever toward the bottom (not in picture) that activated the gate solenoid and turned on the light that said to get your drink.  I pulled out a bottle to reset the gate and spun the thing a few more times and it kicked the red wheel back and stopped humming.  So... now the question is, how do I clean this thing, and am I supposed to use some light oil to lubricate?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:29:22 pm »

It looks like you can remove the whole assembly from the rear.
Cleaning - maybe some rubbing alcohol and lots of Q-tips?
No idea on lubrication - wouldn't think any oil though - it would just gum up over time and dust/dirt.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Witchboard

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 12:00:39 am »

It's not as easily accessible as it looks.  The screws are in the front, and they are behind all sorts of stuff.  I'll take a closer look tomorrow and see what I can do to get it out of there.
Witchboard

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:01:40 pm »

Okay.  I managed to clean it with alcohol and q-tips.  It took a few cleanings, but I've got it running now.  Everything seems to be working the way it should.  I'm still going to oil where it's mounted, but I couldn't find my 3-in-1.  The only thing left is that the microswitch for the dime.  The wire seems to be hanging up on something.  I also have to set the correct price.  Right now, it's set to $.40 per vend.  I'd like to get it at least down to $.35.  Does anybody know how to set the price on this mech?
Witchboard

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:20 pm »

Okay.  Got the price set.  You can pull the red wheel and turn it.  The prices show up in the window, but it only goes as high as $.25 with the markings.  Just have to go two more notches as each notch is $.05.

Does anybody know what I should use to lubricate the piston, spinny thing?  Should I use 3-in-1, or leave it dry, or use graphite?  Would appreciate some insight please.  help
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 09:58:17 am »

Sorry, I can't help you with the lubricant question, but congratulations on getting it working!  happydrinkers

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: