SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 11:14:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 44 cooler  (Read 4911 times)
kahonwes
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:40:05 pm »

Simple question, probably complicated answere needed lol

I have my cooling unit out of my Vendo 44 but I'm wondering how do I clean up the unit without breaking the cooling lines. I think I can get the bottom plate off for repaint, get some of the guards off but the rest to me seems a nightmare.

I looked at it and went, hmm ok... Maybe if I tape off everything as I clean stuff and repaint the compressor unit.  

Thanks
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31:08 pm »

Depends on how "Thourough" of a restore you want to do. The original decks on the 44's where almost pink in color with the copressor being black and most of it black. My advice, if it works fine but you just want to to look newer/cleaner.. hose it down good, get a good wire brush and some small ones or tooth brushes and get to work on all areas to clean them up. Possibly change out the fan motor if the original doesn't work well. possibly redoe the electrical if you need to. I like to repaint the fan motor support and fan motor seperately, and like to paint the Fan Blade a differnt color (silver hammertone or something) then spray the whole thing with some Rust preventative primer, then recoat with a nice coat of black, some use high heat resistant for grills and engines. that has always been good enough for me and it looks pretty darn good even on a completely redone machine, cause really how much of the compressor is exposed anyway.

just my Two Cents!':p'

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kahonwes
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:37:35 pm »

True, thanks for the tips, I was thinking of painting some of the parts with silver paint, but hey one wants to paint the compressor, I like showing off my work lol..

I was also thinking of using truck bed liner in the little water tray(cant remember what its called at the moment)  I have a can left over from when I did my car and it goes on nice and thin like paint...  

k - thanks
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »

k,  

I am curious to know what the bed liner stuff is that you have left over.  What is it?  I have an idea of something I might be able to use it for if I know what to look for.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
kahonwes
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:50:26 pm »

Its Truck bed liner used for the beds of pickup trucks.  I use it as floor liner in my Austin Minis.  But the brand I got at Walmart which is about $20 a can goes on like paint really thin.  Its not very good for floors or trucks to tell you the truth but it works well in other places.

The reason why I say its not very good is because it goes on to thin.  The other NAPA version I bough that comes in two cans heats up and goes on like paste and the only way you get it off is with a wire brush and alot of blood sweat and tears lol.

I've been using the stuff on all kinds of things, I even know of a guy who Rhino Lined(brand name) his bathroom shower.  You can get it in almost any color and it wont crack.

k - laters
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:30 pm »

hmmm.  Thanks.  I might look into the possibility of using something like that on the inside of my Cornelius chest slider.  It currently has some type of plasticized coating on the inside that is bubbling and peeling and I have been thinking of something to go over it with once I have the old stuff sanded.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
kahonwes
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 11:47:22 pm »

I'll dig through the pile of chemicals I have and let you know what its called...

k - laters
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 02:48:47 pm »

I've seen something like the truck bed liner sold in spray cans at Home Depot and or Lowes... I've thought about useing that to finish off/cover up and seal the bottom pan of my ideal 35 chest cooler.
I've also seen some spray on "rubber" type of stuff used to coat like handles of tools and chains on a swing set. They sell it in cans at lowes. Haven't tried it yet, but could be a good way to coat and protect the bottom liner pan or bottom liner pan if it's shot?  Who knows....

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kahonwes
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:18:13 pm »

The one I got from Walmart which I'm still looking for goes on alot thinner than the usual stuff.  The stuff in the can which I've tried sometimes goes on really thick, kinda like undercoating..

k - laters
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: