SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 01:31:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with a Vernors Vendorlator VF165ZB  (Read 2902 times)
jennandspence
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:47:14 am »

We just picked this up on the side of the road for $50. (We'd love to know if we were robbed or if we got a great deal.) The seller claims it works, but we haven't set it up yet. I'd appreciate any basic information about it...

Where do I start?

I know for certain that I need the chrome parts from the machine - coin return, key lock and the handle to open the door. Where can I get them. Nothing fancy, just trying to make it whole.

Where can I find a photo so I know what it should look like in it's original form? The metal vent at the bottom has many coats of paint on it. What color was it originally?

Really, any and all information is much appreciated!

My dad grew up in Michigan and Vernors is his favorite drink. My intent is to turn this into his birthday gift.

Cheers,
Jenn
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:57:30 am »

Some machines were white, others red, & some early machines were green or yellow, here's few pictures of different machines, but if you are going to have it repainted, pick one that you like at this point,

if you look in side the cabinet, down by the compressor area or inside the door, you'd probably see the original paint color.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: