SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 04:40:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You just never know what is around the corner...  (Read 20940 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:17 am »

Nice RC! That is probably the cleanest original RC110 I've seen. You stole that one for $100.
You'll see Coke and Pepsi 110's most often...In the past 10 or so years, I've seen three or four RC's, maybe one or two 7Up's, but never seen another DP. Easy to make a DP 110 from a generic, but originals are pretty uncommon.
Like you, I'll probably keep this DP forever and a day. I know I'm not moving it again anytime soon.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 10:34:36 am »

Tom, thanks for the pictures of the DP 110!  You are right, that green is almost dead-on!  Your machine is gorgeous, as well.  Now I'm going to have to find one of those around sometime.  Maybe living in Texas will help!  Can you get a decent paint job with the spray cans?  I know it would never look as good as a paint sprayer with good paint, but it could serve as an interim paint job.  Your door looks great!

RC Kid, fantastic looking machine at an even better price!  I'm guessing you were in El Paso when you got that one?  You are now where I spent a good piece of time.  I saw some of your machines on CL the other day.  My in-laws still live in the area (Cameron), and we go out there fairly often.  Here's wishing there was another one of those RC machines lurking in a building in my neighborhood!  So far, I've only seen a guy with an Ideal 55 RC that is complete but doesn't work and has a little rust on the rack and upper lip.  He says it would make great yard art and wants $495 OBO!!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 10:54:22 am »

Thanks Greg!
The color is pretty darn close for a can, but is actually a little creamier and lighter than the original DP green (as compared to the bottle door backing plate, which never saw the light of day). I am hoping that it will match the slightly faded paint of the machine exterior.

As far as using the can to paint. It is easier and looks better to use a spray can on smaller items like the bottle door or a carry cooler. Larger items tend to show the spray pattern too much. The can is also very small - produced as Krylon "Short Cuts" intended for small hobby and craft projects - net weight 3 oz. It was not available, at Ace anyway, in a larger can. I used one and a half cans of paint just on the bottle door - $3.50 a can.

I hope to have it mounted on the machine later today or tomorrow and I'll post a pic.

[EDIT] I just went to the Krylon website and the Kiwi color was not found, so they may be discontinuing this color. I picked up two of the three cans on the shelf at ACE yesterday. Will probably go get the other one just to have - maybe check with them about its' discontinuance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:43:51 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »

Tom,

Hope the deal pans out for you on the 81 ! ! !
The Kiwi color looks very good as well.

RC Kid,
Very nice original 110 ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:49:02 pm »

Here is a pic of my 7up restored 110.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 06:16:34 pm »

Brian ~
Great looking machine as well!  Makes me almost wish I had kept my 6CV Coke, although much more mundane than all these you guys have posted on this thread!  I've seen your other machines on other threads, and it's a real fine collection!  I passed up a VMC-88 7up some years ago for a song, don't really know why, and now kick myself!

Greg

Greg

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:02 pm »

Greg,

Thanks! I need the 7up VMC 88 and 140 and Quikold Jr, then I am done! My collection will be complete. I am in the process of selling off most of my generic and Coke and Pepsi stuff as of right now. I am only keeping my 7up stuff. I do have two soda cup machine, they are Colespa machines. They are neat. I am almost done restoring one, the other I just got from another member on this site. This is a great group of collectors!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 05:02:53 pm »

Greg~
If I owned your Dr Pepper machine, I too would never sell it. It's different/uncommon and a definate collectors piece. Vendo 39s are a dime a dozen, and Pepsi 81s can be found daily, if you take the time to look, but I have never seen a Dr Pepper 81 or 110. When I look at those picture/coffee table books dedicated to the fabulous garages of the well to do, I always notice the average V39 or some other Coca Cola machine, But I never see a Dr Pepper or Seven Up machine.

After looking at your machine I am actually considering the purchase of a generic 110 in order to recreate a Dr Pepper 110 of my own. I understand the signs may be a little pricey.

Brian~ Awesome Seven Up machine. Another one of those rare and interesting machines.

This is a great site, I get to see what other people, who share my interest, are working on.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 05:27:12 pm »

Greg,

Next time you're in North Carolina, give me a call. Will share a bottle of coke and I'll show off my meager collection. I live a mere 45 minutes from your in-laws.

GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »

Sounds great!  I lived in Fayetteville for a year and a half before I moved to Cameron.  I also had a good friend who lived in Raeford at the time (and also collected soda machines), but has since moved as well.  Matter of fact, Fayetteville is where I sold my V-81 so cheaply!   veryangry  I'll definitely give you a shout next time I'm in town.

Greg

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: