SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:16:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HIRES Ideal 55 Slider Extra holes and Liner Opinions?  (Read 22215 times)
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2016, 09:08:29 pm »

That changer on it looks awesome.

Yea I really like it. I love the mechanical design of it . It works just like  slot machine payout slides. I was worried it would look weird. That's why I went gloss black instead of textured. I just thought it would be to much textured. Thanks to Slider- Bob for hooking me up with it. I would have never known what was originally in the holes in my cabinet if it wasn't for him.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:10:04 pm by johnnyselman » Logged
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »

You're welcome Johnny. The changer needed to find its way back home!  You did an amazing job!

Regarding your question on icing up, I've seen frost on inside tub and shelf, but never water that froze. May depend on humidity in your area, or the cycle time between off/on. I'm sure others more refrigeration experience can chime in with their thoughts.

Again...GREAT job on the slider. Congrats!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2016, 08:13:23 am »

I get frost and ice inside my slider every summer too,,, probably cause I'm in it ALOT Getting ANOTHER BEER... I wouldn't be too concerned , as its just because lots of damp air gets In there everytime you open it and it's gotta condense somewhere...
make sure your drain is open and machine angled enough to allow it to drain... Also as Slider Bob pointed out, make sure your "cycling" times are spread out enough where it has time to defrost and maybe drain a bit...
Nice looking cooler...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2016, 11:27:07 am »

The way I understand these boxes is they are cold wall insulated and have to be unplugged a few times throughout the year to "de-frost".  They are NOT "frost free".

Product goes in warm so as stated you will get condensation, moisture, etc.in the tub liner.   Checking the "cut in, and "cut out" of the thermostat in a very good idea.   If it's running to long than that might be a factor ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: