SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:31:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC-81 Manufacture Listings & Paint Schemes Sought  (Read 20129 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 11:55:24 am »

Was referring to embossed machines.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »

I guess the part that I'm having trouble reconciling is that you take that same generic VMC-81
and make a Dr. Pepper Machine out of it, now all of a sudden you can ask double what the CRUSH Machine sold for, because it actually
did exist in real form.
It just seems to me that the final value of the two is a bit out of portion, because neither one .... really started out as original
to begin with.

I think where your getting mixed up is the one OC fantasy machine he's asking 12k for , He'll never get it.. it's just not worth that.

the other one that actually sold for 5700 was done in Orange crush, but the restorer (who is actually a member here on this site) did not go through all the extra work of cutting up a machine... the 5700 machine is done in decals on an original 81 generic... hence why I dont' think he was too upset at his final price... I'm sure he wanted more but it sold regardless.  but it was not a machine that required all that extra work of cutting, welding in a panel (that is hard to find I the first place) and such..

as far as the dr pepper... That is how they came from the factory,, they just used a generic non embossed 81 and put 3 porcelain signs on the machine and painted it up the dr. Pepper green... in itself the Generic VMC 81 is worth more than your standard embossed coke 81, and the original Dr pepper signs if mint are worth around 1000 as well. so that is why you sometimes see Dr peppers being priced around 9-11k

It's complicated , I know and it's just us goofballs who have been collecting buying and selling this stuff for years who understand it... but don't worry .. you'll get there!

Welcome to the club... and by the way... this is John.. the guy you've been talking to about your Coke 81D!

happydrinkers biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: