SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 10:40:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor 4-Door Chest Cooler  (Read 14282 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: October 08, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »

I have always wanted a Victor Chest Cooler for my basement to use as a bar.  I found a few on Craigslist over the past year, but they were normally either over priced or in too bad a condition......or both!!!  In fact one I found (which was a 3-door, embossed, with a counter top, appeared to be in excellent condition, was working and was asking $500 OBO) I called the guy the day after he posted it to see if it was still available.  He told me "Well, someone is coming to pick it up, but what will you offer me".  I said "I don't really play that way, just let me know if the deal does not work out".  He told me he had several people call him and tell him "you are asking way too low".  After that run in I thought I would probably not have any luck on Craigslist.  That is until around the end of September when I saw a 4-door listed on Craigslist that was about 1.5 hours from my house.  It appeared to be in good condition and to be all there.  So, knowing my luck last time I waited a few weeks to call him.  When I did finally called him last Friday he told me it was still available.  I asked him if he had any offers on it and he said a few.  He said one guy offered him $100.  At that point he was thinking of keeping it and cutting it into a couch!!!   I asked him if it was original and he told me he purchased it from the old country store down the street about 4 years ago when the owner was getting too old to run the store.  He said the owner said it had been in that store since the 50's and had been using it until around 4 years ago.  I asked him if it worked and he said he did not want to plug it in as he did not know anything about the machine and did not want to take a chance something would get damaged.  So, I decided to take a chance and drove up with my friend and his flatbed trailing Sunday.  To my surprise it was in great shape, embossed and appeared to be all there (cap catchers, interior dividers, drip pan & grates).  He gave me a great deal and we loaded it up (all 770lbs of it) and I now have it in my garage.    It did run when I plugged it in, but the evaporator fan is not working.  Hopefully that will be an easy fix.  I plan on just cleaning it up and hopefully getting it running.   I will be attaching a few pictures shortly.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »

A few pictures:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:47:08 pm »

Last few pictures:
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »

That is a nice one for the price. I like the Victors but hate moving them.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »

Hi Ken,

I agree with you on moving them.  I am really not sure how I am going to get this to my basement, but will figure it out somehow..... help
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »

I would use that as a back up fridge when the one inside gets full! tounge

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 08:49:19 pm »

I think I saw that one in NC on Craigslist, I meant to post it up here but forgot about it.  Good pickup!

ZiaDan
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »

Nice Victor!
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »

Nice score!

~ Bryan
sledworks
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:43 pm »

Finally sold my 3 door Victor. Going to England. Good riddance, you heavy bastard.

Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
Duncannon, PA 17020
www.sledworks.com
Facebook:Old Sled Works

Vendo 23,39,44,110
Vendolator 27
Cavalier 33, CS64
Ideal 55B Pepsi
LaCrosse 7up EC81
Rowe Cig (2), Cigar, Gum (5)
Stoner Senior, Jr, Cafe, Gum (2)