SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 07:12:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Markito's v-216md fixup project (help a newbie)  (Read 21555 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2005, 05:23:41 pm »

Mark

Does your compressor have rubber vibration pads under the three or four bolt down area's?  You could just have a noisy compressor.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2005, 12:44:48 am »

I have had some machines that are noisy when they shut off and some that aren't. I think it is in the rubber feet. If you watch it shut off it really rocks when it is making the noise. I think it is either just the movement or something inside the compressor as it moves.
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2005, 01:54:56 am »

You guys are right.
The loud and painful shudder and rattle noise (when the compressor cycles off) was driving me crazy. I felt like my baby was in pain. So I finally just sat down on the floor next to it with the door open and realized that the noise didn't happen if I used my hand to ever so slightly raise the black compressor deck from the red metal frame underneath, even at just the front left bolt.

I then knew that I needed to get something rubber or plastic in there as a spacer and vibration absorber. Well, I dug around in my tool bench looking for rubber washers, etc. Then I remembered that I had a few of these clear plastic shims. They are small, but handy. (Keep one with you when you go to restaurants in case one table leg rocks the table).
Here it is:
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2005, 01:57:30 am »

I simply shoved it into the spot that needed it and now voila'! it is silent and smooth when it cycles off, each and every time.
Man, now I love my machine even more!

Here is the shim in action:

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2005, 01:59:25 am »

One more pic (close up):
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2005, 02:01:31 am »

So do you think my compressor just doesn't have rubber vibration pads/feet at the bolts?
If not, where would I buy some: Global Compressors? Fun-Tronics?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2005, 10:31:32 am »

The feet are where the compressor itself meets the mounting plate. At the point where your shim is it is metal to metal. depending on model there are one or two bolts that hold the compressor plate in. Those could possibly be loose, but I think your shim idea is great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: