SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 05:55:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110  (Read 20449 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

Looks like a nightmare, yes but not that bad.  I procrastinated for 6 months before I tackled this thing.

Besides the rotten wood on the bottom, the door on this machine sagged way more than most 110's.

I didn't make all new wood, just the support piece AND added a piece of angle.
When the wood rotted, there was no more lower support and the door was "floating".
I have no idea why Vendo did not manufacture this machine with lower horizontal angle just below the wood, like shown in the picture

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:49 am »

Welcome to the site. Arcadia is a great town.
Creighton
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:48 am »

Huh?

I think we need to stop this thread before it gets out of hand.
I think a new member with 2 posts under his/her belt with a comment like that is one that this board does NOT need.

Lets keep the thread on topic.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:33:11 am by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 11:53:51 am »

Huh?

I think a new member with 2 posts under his/her belt with a comment like that is one that this board does NOT need.

Agreed, this is no place for comments like that

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 12:18:15 pm »

Huh?

I too thought the comment was out of line but did not want to throw any gas on the fire!  I suspect that the poster was trying to be funny but you can take comments like that to Yahoo because there is no place for them here.

drinking Tim drinking
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 12:53:53 pm »

I've deleted the posts, keep it civil folks, or out you go.   Oo

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 04:30:06 pm »

Well I missed that one but glad it was handled  smile .
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 12:32:17 am »

Unless any of you have lived in Arcadia all your life like I have, you have no clue what this city is like now!

Got it, lets move on! Please keep in mind that the members on this site is are as widely diverse as the machines we collect. We all share a common interest, I would like to think the same interest brought you here. So lets leave that junk at the door and get back to discussing & enjoying our ever so addicting hobby  biggrin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:41:23 am by Blind1968 » Logged

~ Bryan
Fox Creek

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 11:27:24 am »

Going over to a Tech Shop today to see if I can scan the wood into a 3D modeling program and then produce the wood members from a CNC machine.  Way over my head at this time,  but I  liked the idea so if another member needed a set they would be easy to produce.   Learning new technology is always fun.. 

Fox Creek Home Brewery
Vendo 6 case (1953)
Vendo 110 (1955)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:10 am »

I used to work at a place that had a VERY cool CMM machine, back in the late 90's. 

I had a little training on it, you could basically put just about anything in it and it had a probe that would work its way around the part and measure everything down to extremely tight tolerances.  We used it for quality control, to make sure the parts coming off the line were within tolerance.

Very neat tool, had a ruby tipped probe with X and Y axis arms, so it could go down 'inside' a part and measure hole diameters, etc.  You just had to give it basic parameters so it would know how far to move the head before slowing down and expecting to 'hit' the part and take a measurement.   

I do remember the guy who ran it missing a decimal point once - crashed the probe head into a steal bearing housing at full speed.... HARD.  That was an expensive decimal point.   down

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: