SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:15:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got one  (Read 12565 times)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

nice original machine...good score!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:21 pm »

Really beautiful machine!!!  Showed my wife, as she is a Pepsi Girl having grown up for many years in NC where Pepsi was born (New Bern, NC).  She was drooling, haha!!  I got her a V/VMC-56 Pepsi in all original condition for $200 and she's now looking for something similar to the VMC-81...if I can find one for reasonable price.

One of you had mentioned about refurbishing the machine.  I would like to do something similar to a machine I have.  What sort of insulation is within the liner and cabinet?  I have not taken it apart as I don't want to go further than I can complete at this moment.  I have removed the compressor/condensor unit without issue and am working to rewire with some new wire (wish I had a good wiring diagram to go off of), but am wiring same as was, although am not so certain it's right.  Also, if you sandblast something galvanized, do you just repaint in silver???  Or somehow get it regalvanized??  Does it matter?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »

Really beautiful machine!!!  Showed my wife, as she is a Pepsi Girl having grown up for many years in NC where Pepsi was born (New Bern, NC).  She was drooling, haha!!  I got her a V/VMC-56 Pepsi in all original condition for $200 and she's now looking for something similar to the VMC-81...if I can find one for reasonable price.

One of you had mentioned about refurbishing the machine.  I would like to do something similar to a machine I have.  What sort of insulation is within the liner and cabinet?  I have not taken it apart as I don't want to go further than I can complete at this moment.  I have removed the compressor/condensor unit without issue and am working to rewire with some new wire (wish I had a good wiring diagram to go off of), but am wiring same as was, although am not so certain it's right.  Also, if you sandblast something galvanized, do you just repaint in silver???  Or somehow get it regalvanized??  Does it matter?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken

Hey Ken,
Look in the Tips & Tutorials section and there are a couple of threads pinned to the top that cover insulation.
I think unfaced R-19 is the concensus....or peel the facing off before install.
A digital manual for the V-56 is available in the Downloads area....left side a little down on the SMC Home page....need to be logged in on the Home page to see the Menu items. It should have a wiring diagram for every circuit.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:51 pm »

Collecture,
   Sorry, should have been more specific on which machine I was talking about, haha.  Reference wiring, that was on the VMC149 I have that I'm working on to get up and running.  The V56 is actually the 56-7 square top from late 60s or early 70s and it is fully up and running.  We have that one full of brewskies and soda!!!  Cold enough to make some ice!  Really cool machine (sorry for pun).

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 11:30:31 pm »

I assume you have the automatic model [VMC-A149)?
There are schematics to both models in the Downloads area.
Look under the Vendorlator manual (not Vendorlator2) and go to PDF page 78-80 for the A149 schematics. The VMC-149 (manual) schematics are there somewhere too.
I can supply you with clearer images if you have trouble reading them - LMK
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:39:23 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 04:24:25 pm »

Collecture,
   Thanks for the guidance.  I actually got the compressor all wired up today and plugged it in.  It works!!!!  I was stoked to find out it was cooling.  Only problem I noted was that the evaporator fan never kicked on.  If I recall correctly, this should kick on when the compressor kicks on, and if is the case, then I'm guessing the evaporator fan is dead and needs to be replaced.  Any idea on best place to get one of those??  Good used one would be the best for me.  Thanks again for all.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

i believe that jacobs 56 was listed on craigslist for 3800.00 firm  not a bad price but i already have a mint one.  but you bought yourself an excellent looking machine.  enjoy it. i would follow John's advice (signguy)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »

If you want a used motor I have a bin full of them, All tested and work.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up