SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:29:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange Crush Cooler  (Read 13195 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 05:36:19 pm »

Don't the signs interchange on these coolers?
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 06:36:27 pm »

I don't think the signs were interchangeable burt I am not sure. There is text from the SMC website:

The S & S 700 is very similar to the Glascock Coolers. Storage below could hold a few cases of empty bottles. Unlike Glascock, the 700 had no previsions for metal inserts to advertise the brand of soda. S&S manufactured the 700 with casters as standard equipment. Since the cap catcher is easily removed, these are frequently missing.

Looking at the photos that go with the description, it looks to be like the base and legs attach to the cooler section from the inside with a couple of screws.

B
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:34 am »

Let me clear a  few things up regarding the questions asked..
The legs bolt onto this cooler,, I've have taken a few apart and have two in stock right now.. so no one really hacked into it.. and original legs can be bolted back on .
the base that holds the legs together also bolts on to stablize the whole assembly.

The signs are interchangeable... as they made several different brands... you take off the lid, then unbolt the top retaining part of the cooler compartment,, again bolts on. once that is off your left with 4 very thin advertising panels that are backed with 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inch thick insulating board that is sandwiched between the sign and the galvanized tub.. I would think that the panels where ordered with cooler , as it's not a simple slide in and out, it would take some dissasembly so the statment about them not being interchangable,,, would be accurate if describing the shop owner or gas station attendant where these wher located... but during manufacturing ,they took on several different brands.

that is really all that is to these coolers... very simple to work on , take apart and restore... pending the detail of the sign your restoring... that is where the money would come into to have a sign painter repaint it .

I'll see if I have or can take photos if anyone would like to see the cooler apart.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:05:08 am by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 08:35:48 am »

Thank you for the great explanation! That helps clear a lot of things up!

B
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 09:02:30 am »

Hey Signguy!

Do you think that the legs from the cooler I had posted a pic of under the subject line "ID of 20's era cooler" would work for the OC cooler. It is an S&S 700.

B
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

Yep,
that is what you need...  maybe we can go in together on this one as I need a lid, opener and cap catcher if it has one..

then you could have the legs and base and the rest, we'll figure out.

I'd say if you can get ifor 200-250 that would great.

email me or calle me and we'll discuss.

my email is john@Popmachineshop.com

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:20 am »

Will do! Thanks John!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:24 pm »

That sounds like a plan... Good luck chaps..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: