SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:15:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did I do?  (Read 18758 times)
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 10:34:24 pm »

now that was good Tom
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 09:56:53 pm »

I have mad skillz......

Seriously though.

Powdercoating is like anything other "trade".

The longer you work at it and pay attention to detail the better you will get. Unless you don't have a natural aptitude for it. Sometimes all of the training in the world doesn't help.

The parts that I have powdercoated in my small set-up turned out just as good as anything I have ever gotten professionally done.

Like I said before, pay attention to detail, do prep-work properly and make sure you follow the powder manufacturer's directions or special considerationa and it doesn't really matter what your heat source is as long as your heating is indirect. People have used toater ovens with great results!

Don't hate, appreciate!  laugh

Brian
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

When I send my coin mech out, do I want to send all the other pieces that go inside the door as well? What about the cabinet handle, zinc or chrome? I'm thinking of doing the inside cabinet powdercoat with the racks zinc plated? What you guys think?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 11:16:22 pm »

On the WB-60 I am just finishing up - I PC'd the liner and bottle stack, but zinc plated all the parts to the Vend Mechanism which has a lot of moving parts.
Pay close attention to parts that might have limited tolerances and be careful how thick of a coating you (or someone else) apply to them. Specifically the coin mech parts and bottle stack parts in your case. Otherwise, you'll be spending a lot of time drilling out holes so the part fits on the post.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:44 pm »

I ordered a compressor fan a while ago for my Vendo 39, por thing must hate me now it doesn't get the attention it used to, anyways I realized the part number on it was a Granger part number. That got me wondering, seems like simple fan parts and such are bought from Granger then marked up and said to be made for certain machines? Hmm, interesting. Could the new cooling units just be assembled parts from companies like Granger and such? I kind of have a feeling they are. Anyone got their two cents for this one?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:04 pm »

I prefer to buy my parts from the parts suppliers like Funtronics , that way I know the part is tested, fitted and going to be correct in my machine I'm restoring.. I have no problem paying a few bucks more for this knowledge and expertise and the peace of mind knowing the part will fit, and function properly in the machine.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »

I fully agree with John... If it wasnt for the likes of Funtroincs and SodaJerkworks
we would all be struggling. If they stick a "few bob" ontop for taking the time to source
the parts and road test them .. Good Luck to them.....

Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:03 pm »

Anyone know where I can get the 7 up decals for the vmc 81?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: