SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:02:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selectivend s-48  (Read 5189 times)
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:55:50 am »

I recently acquired a Selectivend S-48 Dr Pepper machine and need to find some parts for it.

Selectivend Emblem

Door latch lock and handle

The piece that is attached to the release handle that turns the mechanism that releases the bottle (attaches on the back side of the door).

Bottle Opener

Let me know if you know where I can get the parts above.  I have searched for web sites but the only one that I found any Selectivend parts (sodajerks) on did not have many parts for the Selectivend.

Thanks
Brian

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 04:01:25 pm »

Does anybody has a Selectivend S-48 machine and has the lock that is on the small door on front.  If so could you remove the hook on the end of the lock and use a scanner and send me the image of the hook.  I have the lock but the hook is missing.  If someone can send me the scan of the hook I could make one.

PM me and I will send you my email address.  Or reply back and attach it

Thanks in advance
Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 04:44:21 pm »

Did you call Randy?.... I know he use to have a shell with the emblem
and possably the lock.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 04:55:45 pm »

I called him yesterday and he still has the S-48.  I told him that I would email him a list of parts that I am looking for and I did yesterday.  I have not heard back from him.  I sent another email today asking about how long it would take to get back with me.  I did that this morning and have not heard anything back.  Is he normally this slow to reply back to emails or is he just busy?

He did have a couple of items that I am definately interested in.  Just waiting on prices and he told me that he would send me pictures so that I could see what condition they were in.

Thanks for telling me about him.

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 05:31:24 pm »

He's probably busy.... He restores and he's a one man show... Does great work.
Just keep on him....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 05:36:26 pm »

Thanks

Brian
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 01:04:03 am »

Howdy,
I have an S48 in my collection that had a broken door latch when I bought it.  Fortunately, an almost exact replacement is available at any home depot.  It comes with an assortment of latches to use with it but none is exactly right.  I took the longest latch bar, trimmed it and cut a hook in it with a dremel tool (a hack saw and a vice would work just as well).  I sure wish I would have seen this post sooner.  I just sold my S96 and it had it's old latch sitting in it's coin box for safe keeping, plus I put a perfect S48 emblem on it because I couldn't find a proper S96 emblem.  I found an S96 emblem on ebay a few months ago and just gave it to the guy with the machine without prying off the S48 (boy do I feel dumb now).  Those emblems turn up a couple of times a year on ebay so keep checking under "selectivend".  I'll attach a scan of the door latch I made with a penny next to it for a size reference.  Hope this helps.  Feel free to email with any questions lonestaraggie@hotmail.com.
A J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: