SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:33:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Machine  (Read 3548 times)
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« on: January 17, 2010, 12:25:43 pm »

Hey Guys- A friend of mine has this machine. I'm into round tops, so I do not know much about these. What make/model is it? What is it worth? Is anyone intrested?

Anderson
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 02:02:14 pm »

I don't know the make and model but I would have to say that the machine is not really worth anything. Its a late 60's to early 70's machine and it is huge! Push button machines are not very collectable anyway and big machines like that are hard to even give away sometimes. What was your reason for asking. Were you planning to buy it?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 06:23:45 pm »

It's GODZILLA!!! , you'd be lucky to get $100.00

My favorite saying is " bigger isn't always better in soda machine land "
(unless it's a vendo De-capper) tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:22:56 am »

I can't imagine a day where those will become desirable.. I just really don't like Pusbutton machines, too modern, even though from the 60's-70's.. for me anyways...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:08 am »

I disagree,  A lot of people will buy one because that is what they remember for mtheir childhood, or neighborhood. And if/when the round tops start climbing to 8-10 grand, the 3rd teir machines will still be avaiilable.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 10:22:22 am »

Yeah I see your point, but I wasn't around when Vendo 81's where used either, but that is still my favorite and there is just a coolness factor to that 50's stuff...
In my opinion the 60's and beyond just lacks that "Coolness Factor" but to each their own..
I might just hang onto my Microwave and toaster, as I Guess my kids might like that when they are 30-40?  biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:34:44 am »

John, i agree with you, I'm the same way, and I think most of us here are,  I vaugely recall  gaps pumps with globes, never put a nickel in a Sebburg C or 1015  at a restaurant or bar,  remember seeing  sliders and  Westinghouse machines more than Vendo's,  but  I love  all those machines nonetheless.
 I have firends who look at a jukebox and ask why not get a CD player, or my V39 and ask why, others appreciate the beauty , coolness, and the history it  had.

The Vendo 83 isn't well liked, but there are tohse who want one, and have one., and i think  in the next couple of years, spme,, not all later machines will start becoming desirable.

K, climbing out of my rocking chair now.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: