SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:23:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USS-8-64 Up and Running...now questions...  (Read 2371 times)
Sat-uss8-64
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »

Up and running, ice cold and lights!

Compressor seems to rattle every 10 seconds for 1 second...sounds like it is cycling...but not sure...Any ideas?

Door light cover is missing...is it just a piece of plexi?  I can get one cut and fabricate some clips to hold it in...

The door is droopy...I need a door lift for the inside of the bottom try...any one got one for sale?

I have the small bezel exterior door...I have a 1/4" gap on the right side between the bezel and door frame.  Is there a 7" filler piece for the gap?  The manual does not show anything...I am thinking it is something like the vertical angle piece on the right side of the door next to the key?  Any ideas?

Thanks again to the forum...y'all made easy work of getting the lights turned on.

Joel

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

Mine used to rattle a little on startup, it was one of the copper lines that was too close to the compressor, I moved it up a little and it cleared up.

Just a piece of plexi for the door light, I can measure one out if you need the size.

I am pretty sure I have the door lift, let me check the box of parts in the garage.  Do you need the contact part that goes on the door as well?

I think the bezel gap that you are seeing is pretty standard, I haven't seen any filler piece for that.

And Welcome!  Lets see some photos when you get a chance!

Sat-uss8-64
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:27:04 pm »

Tkaz,
Thanks for the info...
If you could get me the measurement and perhaps a picture of the clips, that would be great.  I have the roller assembly on the door, I think I just need the lift.. I can see where the holes are for the lift.

I just noticed that the cans are not as cold as they were yesterday...the rattle is related to the compressor startup...I can turn the thermostat all the way down and it will stop....Maybe the start capacitor on the compressor? I will continue to investigate this...

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: