SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:09:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vend cam cylinder bracket needed  (Read 7314 times)
ld26
Soda Jerks

« on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:13 pm »

hey guys,

looking for the bracket that holds the vend cam cylinder at the bottom of the bottle stack on a vendo 81, should add this is a transitional rack I'm converting back to mechanical, please see pic...

thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:17:58 pm by ld26 » Logged

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:00 pm »

I've got a 110 parts stack, if the part is the same and just switched around I probably have one. I've robbed several parts off 110 stacks over the years to make 56 / 81 stacks complete, but never needed this part.

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »

Worth a shot, please pm me if you confirm you have it, thanks!

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:14:14 pm »

110 s vend from the other side so everything is opposite

And on a mechanical stack I'm sure the actuator leaver that cause the gates to release is diffident then the one you show in the picture .

I think I have a bracket Huh? As I mention in your earlier post but didn't look for it as you said you were on hold .

Did you get the actuator Huh?? If so did you manually put it in position and see If that lever rod worked as you rotated it ?? I'd have to do some digging but I think Huh? The lever assembly is different    
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:25:04 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:20:30 pm »

That is correct, everything is reversed on the 110, but the the same vend cam cylinder works on both.
       The actuator in the picture is for electric stacks only, mechanical units have shorter wider probe engaging the actuator.
       And the bracket you are looking for.....is not removable, it's always welded to the bottle stack.    darn

Glen
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 10:11:23 am »

ok, I just took another look.  apologies for not knowing the names of all these parts, I've never really worked on a stack before.  Ok, so I am not able to get the stack to operate correctly while it is in the machine in a vertical position.  I had to remove the rack and then hold the bottom latch(?) on the backside of the bottom of the stack then the vend pin(?) is able to move back and forth to lock and open the stack, I'm thinking the reason it doesn't work in the vertical position is because there is a spring missing somewhere on the back of the stack. 

I think I need to figure out which spring is missing and then get a bracket to hold the vend cam cylinder in place and this will work.  I was hoping i could get a bracket from Joey's 110 stack and just flip it around and bolt it on, but if they were welded on like MoonDawg says then I'm out of luck I guess.

Leonard - I have the vend cam cylinder and think it will work to move the pin but can't try unless i have that bracket.

Anybody have thoughts on the spring situation? hopefully the pic will show what is going on down there...

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 10:52:44 am »

Anybody have thoughts on the spring situation? hopefully the pic will show what is going on down there...

3 things: The assembly at the bottom of the stack is always gummed up, and yours is no exception.
                  Remove the shoulder bolts one at a time, clean, lubricate and re-install. Then lube all other moving parts.

There is supposed to be a spring pulling back the actuator after the vend cam pushes it forward, I don't see yours.

Another spring you are dependant on, is approx. 6" long and is horizontal in your picture.
                  It may be necessary to clip it shorter to give it more tension, as they tend to stretch.

Glen
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:53 pm »

I will get you some pics and compare the 110 bracket to a 81 bracket when I get home.

Yes 110 is opposite from a 56 or 81 but you would be surprised which parts can be used on both. I have done it many times!

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »

Joey

I agree !! I Took 60% of an 110 stack an bent / Twisted / flipped it to work in a 56 stack  tounge it was a lot of work .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:12:26 pm »

Another option is what I have on the electric can stack in a RT-V56. Just let it free vend. Folks can put money in, twist the crank and pull product. Very few peoples would ever know that the vend cylinder was not in the mix.
Creighton
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: