SMC Discussion Areas
May 28, 2024, 04:38:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 90 bottle opener bezel  (Read 3974 times)
Jprudhomme
« on: October 03, 2007, 01:28:04 pm »

WOW, I just bought a vendo 90 for 50  dollars.  My girlfriend thought that I was crazy and so did I until I found this webpage.  Now I feel that I am not alone.  So my first question is does anyone have a bottle opener bezel for a Vendo 90. Thanks
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:25:19 pm »

She's right. You're crazy.
Ah, if I had returnable 12 oz Pepsi bottle every time I heard that... anyway, welcome to the asylum.  tounge

If someone here has one, they'll pop in soon enough. Also be sure to check the supplier links on the front the page.
and one last thing, ... let's see some pics

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:46:41 pm »

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she does love the COLD beer!
and the hobby keeps me out of trouble.
I looked at the file photos of the V90 and apparently there were several variations of the machine as it was produced over a number of years.
A picture of your machine would help because different bezels might have been used depending on when your machine was made.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:32:34 am »

Welcome to SMC!! You are definitely among friends here. We would love to see a photo of your "new" machine. Where did you get it from?

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:06:38 pm »

Welcome, and you'd better start making space for more... Soda Machines are like potato chips... you can't have just one!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jprudhomme
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:52:59 pm »

Thank you all for the help and advise.  Just a little off topic.  I am having trouble posting pictures.  I was shrinking my files with IrFanView but they were no able to be posted.  The files were too large or the wrong type. 
As for the soda machine.  I purchased it off of e-bay.  When I first saw it it was listed as a Vendo 63 for 200 and it dropped to 50 within the month. I later found out that it was a Vendo 90A.  It was located only 4 miles away so I thought that it would be a good idea.   I have owned the machine for almost a month and spent most of that time doing research on this web page.  I downloaded a few manuals and tips that people have posted and started to slowly take it apart.  So far I removed the shelves, bottle dispenser, and condenser/cooler.  I soaked the shelves in CLR for about 10 minutes, and sprayed with silver hammertone paint.   They look better than I expected but I'm no expert.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 09:24:59 pm »

Thank you all for the help and advise.  Just a little off topic.  I am having trouble posting pictures.  I was shrinking my files with IrFanView but they were no able to be posted.  The files were too large or the wrong type.
I'm not familiar with "IrFanView" but would think you could resize down to 72 dpi, dimensions smaller than 800 pixels X 800 pixels and save in JPG format with a fairly low quality, maybe 3 on a 1 - 10 scale or 30 on a 1 - 100

And Welcome to SMC ! ! !
          happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:32:48 am »

Welcome aboard.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up