SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 04:54:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with a 1964 Cavalier Coke Machine  (Read 7910 times)
PencilPusher
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:42 am »

Hello,
I am new to this forum and am in dire need of information.
I have an old square box Coke Machine. We had a business for years and have now closed so I have taken the old Coke box home to my home shop. It needs cleaning up pretty bad but works great as far as the cooling and vending.
I am pretty sure it is a Cavalier, probably made in 1964.
What I really want to do is to have it vend "free" since it is in my home shop now but don't know how to do that and I would like info on that aspect of it. Also I need to know how to get to the light on the door panel as I don't know if it has a short in it or if it simply needs the bulb replaced. Any help would be most appreciated.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:11:56 am »

Welcome to the Site.  If you are able to post a picture that would help us identify the make and model of the machine.

Typically on the either side of the machine there is an identification tag.  Also somewhere on the main door on the bottom right corners there is a logo indicating the make.  If you aren't able to find it there you may check the main base that the compressor sits on.

For free vend switch check with MoonDawg or JohnieG.  Hopefully they will chime in.

Here is link from the site for free vend.  It's under the Coin Mechanism section

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html

As far as the light depending on the model you may check for a florescent starter. Is a small round piece.

Jared
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:06:58 am by johnieG » Logged
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:02:33 pm »

welcome!
Moondawg posted a pict of a free vend switch here:
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,14640.0.html

Johnieg posted instructions for free vending here:
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html

The light should be fairly easy to get working, like slapshot42, mentioned get a new starter to start. Then try a bulb, then the ballast.  Kinda going from cheapest part to most expensive. I found a perfect replacement ballast for my v56 at tru-value for about $15.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:20:24 pm by johnieG » Logged
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »

I was given a Cav cs80 and the light didn't work also but i replaced the light for about 10bucks at a hardware store  it worked, at least that was cheaper than replacing the ballest so you might want to replace light first and also when you get the panel off check the wires also for any frays or rot but try the light first only because they werealways lit up 24 hours a day, the lights usually go first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: