SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:53:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought machine on ebay, i need alittle help  (Read 2882 times)
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:03:53 pm »

Hey.  I am totally new to this.  I thought it would be nice to have a coke machine in my gameroom.  I found a good price on one off of ebay.  It looks 80`s to me.  Ill attach a picture.  Also it is missing the key.  Can I drill it?  By drilling it you mean with any drill bit just shove it in the center of the lock and hope for the best?  I know there are some locks on ebay I could probably replace it with. Please bear with me I am very new to this.  The key opens the coin mechanism right?  Does it also allow me to open the door and refil the machine?  If not how do i do that?  Also how can i set the machine to free?  I have searched all day online and cant find anything this basic enough to answer my questions.  Thanks alot for your help.  Believe me it is greatly appreciated.
petey64
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:10:37 pm »

Use a small drill bit and drill a series of small holes where the key goes in inside there is a series of either seven holes or eight holes usually seven you want to expose those holes, inside those holes there are pins of different sizes and you need to remove those pins and then the lock will cease to be a lock and you will get in, just take your time drilling and have a little metal jig to pull the pins out.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:55:16 pm »

Yea, I would have to say 80's.  
A free play switch thread is over in the Coin Mech section http://soda-machines.com/cgi-loc....6;t=871

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:55:27 pm »

Thanks alot i appreciate the help but would you happen to know the model of this by any chance?  Also is that the only way to set the machine to free?  With another button?  Can i just set it somehow to completely free without the secret button?  If not can I set it to like a penny or something? Thanks alot.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:30:20 pm »

camaro11388,
Good to have you here. You are in very good hands. We will all soon answer all of your questions.
Welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: