SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken vending thingy needed.  (Read 2670 times)
cokentn
« on: May 31, 2010, 07:10:31 pm »

SEE PREVIOUS DISCUSSION HERE:

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,7683.msg57505.html#msg57505

Ok, so I finally took this off and found that what is broken is a little white plastic piece. Part of the top is gone that acts as a brake. I hate not knowing what these things are called. It's some sort of braking mechanism as described in the original post linked above.
Does anyone know where I can get one of these lil white pieces?
I've looked around my community and met some, ahem, interesting folks, but nobody wants to part with any part of their machine.
Thanks!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:45:56 pm »

Looks like you pulled the guts out of your vending motor ( called the rotor, as opposed to the non-rotating portion called the stator) you are correct, it is part of the units brake-assembly ( it prevents the rotor from spining after a vend ( bottle or can) is delivered. you need to replace the entire vending motor assembly, unless you find someone with a good spare to part-out. 

You may also wish to look over at www.VEII.com they have parts for more "modern" machines, but you may find a vending motor that's close to yours,

PS... you never mentioned WHAT machine you are dealing with, this sites a little light in the mind-reading talent department... tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cokentn
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:41 pm »

Sorry, I think it's a Cornelius type 120
Here is a link to my photos.
http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=66&g2_itemId=3379
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »

Yep it is a Cornelius, it shares it's vending motors with early Narcos (Dixie-Narcos) it's a line-voltage motor assembly (120-volts A.C.) & the Narcos's brake assembly should bolt right onto yours, or you could just swap the whole motor, providing you can find one from a "doner" machine, good hunting!

PS in the mean time move the de-funct motor assembly to the last selection position  & mark that button "out of Order"  so at least you may still use the rest of the machine...

Here's a link to vendingsupply inc. they have some simular motor assemblys that you may be able to use with some modifications...http://partsvending.vendingworld.com/motors.php
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:38:36 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: